Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 16, 19, 03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104627
  • Total Topics: 11600
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Themes

Author Topic: Quiet Innit?  (Read 8349 times)

Offline Ray

• The Thread Killer
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 5
  • DILLIGAF
    • Ray Doyle Promotions
Re: Quiet Innit?
« Reply #25 on: Apr 20, 10, 04:34 PM »
I understand all the comments made here, but let us not forget, the ash clouds coming from the volcano look dead obvious, the dangerous clouds of these dust and glass particles that civil aircraft may fly though are invisible to the naked eye, and can only be spotted by delicate instruments not fitted in civil airliners.

As I understand it................ :)
Cheers Ray
www.RayDoyle.com
I used to use clich�s all the time, now I avoid them like the plague, these days a clich� to me, is like a red rag to a bull.
"I'm an idiot, I've just realised"..."I don't think"....outrageously quoted out of context.

richard

« Reply #26 on: Apr 20, 10, 04:46 PM »
I understand all the comments made here, but let us not forget, the ash clouds coming from the volcano look dead obvious, the dangerous clouds of these dust and glass particles that civil aircraft may fly though are invisible to the naked eye, and can only be spotted by delicate instruments not fitted in civil airliners.

Trouble is that by the time your instruments spot it, you're already in it - doing damage.

Pilots are normally pretty aware of windspeed and direction forecasts because such things affect how much fuel they'll need for a journey, it's not difficult to track the likely path of a cloud that was spotted before you take off.

There's a fresh cloud hitting us as I write, so some of the airports that have just opened are likely to close again - which could be a bit of a bitch for people already in the air heading this way...

Offline Majid Din

• Regular
  • Bogle Points: 0
    • www.chelseafc.com
« Reply #27 on: Apr 20, 10, 04:53 PM »
I've just seem my first contrail for days... a single solitary plane looking very lonely up there.

I reckon, once the people who need to get home have done so, the world is a nicer place without aircraft.

All we need now is something similar that stops all the road traffic dead too... people would need to make a few changes to their unsustainable lifestyles, it would soon put a stop to city living when the food supply dried up, but eventually we'd end up better off. :)
* Richard sits back and waits to be char-grilled.

Im sure if we get on to the blower and get a plethora of the "experts" who told us we would be burying our 100,000th victim of swineflu by now , they could cobble something together , though the Chancellor seems to be beating them to the mark in the only language some People understand  :gig:

Offline Majid Din

• Regular
  • Bogle Points: 0
    • www.chelseafc.com
« Reply #28 on: Apr 20, 10, 04:59 PM »

As I understand it................ :)

Ill stick my neck out and proffer a mathematical formula devised that always good down well with Brits cynical of experts predicting armageddon around every corner.

The chance of a plane falling out of the sky to this ash-cloud business is the square root of fook all divided by fook all.

I say this knowing the full consequences of a visit by the good doctor if my calculation is wrong , but being a man of science i think he would sign up to my theorem  :f: