Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 16, 19, 04:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104627
  • Total Topics: 11600
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Themes

Author Topic: WOWpetition Site of the resistance to the War on Welfare  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Derek

• Being a nuisance
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 45
    • Myonlinesecurity

richard

Re: WOWpetition Site of the resistance to the War on Welfare
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 13, 08:01 AM »
I will certainly not be signing that...

People who are working deserve to be in a position to save for their own retirement, not welfare that makes some people - including most of us in here of us - better off than they are in terms of disposable income.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 13, 02:29 PM »
Sorry, I won't be signing it. Over lavish welfare has been rife for years, and although some needy people who actually need it get it, many undeserving shite-bags do very nicely out of it.

Not that much of any welfare is coming my way, as there is always some rule that says I don't qualify.  ;D
Usually because I have not recently wandered in to this country with no papers and a dodgy back ground, I am white and do not have some straggly weird-beard, and belong to a religion that no one in power dares to question.

I will get my little rant in before new laws on what one can say take force.............if all the doom and gloom is to be believed.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline fairyhedgehog

• Hedgehog in Residence
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 0
    • fairyhedgehog
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 13, 02:37 PM »
I signed.

I'm happy to see abuses stopped but I know too many people who are struggling because they are really ill but the benefit agencies make you jump through hoops to prove it. Including attending hard-to-get-to meetings when you're too ill to travel.

My biggest fear when I was ill was that the benefit agency would think I was skiving and prosecute me. I'm so glad now that I'm well enough to work and that just isn't an issue but for a lot of people it still is.