Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 16, 19, 03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104627
  • Total Topics: 11600
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Themes

Author Topic: Best BBC April Fool's day joke ever  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Derek

• Being a nuisance
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 45
    • Myonlinesecurity
Best BBC April Fool's day joke ever
« on: Apr 01, 13, 12:54 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21991953

Changes to the UK's welfare system are fair, Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has insisted,

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: Best BBC April Fool's day joke ever
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 13, 08:42 AM »
I don't really know how some changes will affect me regarding benefits.
My tax code has changed now that my annual tax allowance has gone up, which means I will pay less tax on my combined weekly SP and monthly RAFP.
Currently I lose 48 per month from my RAFP.

Will this mean more spending money for me ?.

NO.

My SP and the wife's SP have also risen a bit, and I will see more of my RAFP, then of course as I am 'earning' more, then my housing and council tax benefits will reduce even more so that I don't have any extra money to waste on myself.

I sometimes feel that I would be better off with no Pension increases, as I am no better off for it, and the playing field stays sort of level year by year, but the price of food, fuel, utilities etc. keeps increasing.

Anyway, I shall find out after I have gone to the 'help center' with my paperwork of Bank statements, letters of Pensions increases for them to do the yearly assessment of how much my benefits will reduce.
Then get assessed again when I get notification of what my RAFP will be this year and take it to the 'help center' again.

Life is a bundle of larfs eh ?... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.