Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 12, 18, 11:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104111
  • Total Topics: 11535
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Themes

Author Topic: Apologies for forum being down  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Derek

• Being a nuisance
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 45
    • Myonlinesecurity
Apologies for forum being down
« on: Dec 31, 13, 09:14 PM »
My apologies for forum being down for a few hours on 31st December 2013. There was a networking problem at the data centre and everything went dark. The server is hosted in one of the biggest data centres in USA and they are supposed to have redundant backup systems in case of such problems. BUT it looks like it failed again in this case

Offline Derek

• Being a nuisance
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 45
    • Myonlinesecurity
Re: Apologies for forum being down
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 13, 09:42 PM »
I don't know what happened but it went down at just after 6pm
came up at 7 pm for 3 minutes, then went again, came up at 8pm for 4 minutes then went again, then came on at 8.41 and went  up and down more times in the next half hour than a whore's knickers.

It looks like it finally came on properly at about 9 10 pm

When the data centre says "unspecified outage" that means to me that some stupid prat tripped over a wire & pulled out the plug, when he plugged it in, it blew the router and it kept blowing when they kept trying to fix it

Lets hope it stays working

richard

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 14, 10:29 AM »
Or the fuse kept blowing on the NSA's black box.

</cynic>

Offline fairyhedgehog

• Hedgehog in Residence
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 0
    • fairyhedgehog
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 14, 04:24 PM »
I'm just grateful that you do everything in your power to keep it running.

And Richard, you might be cynical but you have a point. After travelling by air this Xmas I'm totally sick of the way different authorities treat us in the name of "preventing terrorism". (Of course it was essential for me to show my passport seven different times at Grenoble airport, remove my shoes, take my laptop out of the laptop bag, remove my fleecy as well as my coat, and throw away a nearly finished bottle of water. At least no rubber gloves were involved. Mr Hedgie had to hold his trousers up with one hand but it was all in a good cause. /sarcasm)

richard

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 14, 12:45 AM »

And Richard, you might be cynical but you have a point. After travelling by air this Xmas I'm totally sick of the way different authorities treat us in the name of "preventing terrorism".

Of course it could be a double-bluff.
If they piss off enough people, it ensures a future supply of terrorists - which in turn ensures continuity of budget for the goat-fondling twats on *both* sides of the Atlantic.

(By the way, Mr GCHQ, you'd better see the pox-doctor... your wife gave our milkman the clap.)

PS. Fuck You.