Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 21, 19, 10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104610
  • Total Topics: 11595
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Themes

Author Topic: If this cnut can't obey the law he deserves what he gets  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
and let his family 'impress' their disappointment on him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-25849675

I don't want any twat without insurance and defective tyres and speeding, that is driving at any speed, to be on the same roads as I have to drive.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 14, 08:05 PM by Obblie »
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
Re: If this cnut can't obey the law he deserves what he gets
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 14, 08:03 PM »
I had a car on the driveway but hadn't SORN'd it. Not driven on the open road, not stopped and checked.

Letter received from insurance database says that by a (a specific date) I need to tax it or SORN it. So I did and declared it SORN. However because that the DVLA doesn't know what one hand is doing and my ethnic origin personal circumstances, it sent me a notice to pay or prove that I'd already paid, INFORMATION THAT THEY ALREADY HAD IF THEY HAD FECKIN LOOKED.

This cnut doesn't seem to be judged by the same rules.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 14, 12:01 PM »
"He told the court his family would not be able to meet mortgage payments if he lost his job."

Sob, sob......what happens to a chap if he is made redundant, or his Firm goes bust suddenly for example, I would imagine that they would cope with the help of the Benefits Office, Social Services or whoever ?

I sometimes wonder about our Judges and their mentality in passing a judgement on some foreign/home grown idiot.

On a side note, a couple of years ago I thought it would be fun to swap my paper driving licence for a shiny new photo card jobbie.
I paid the fee online, but the DVLA woman wanted either a Passport or Birth Certificate for ID, neither of which I have. The Passport is some ten years out of date, and sod knows where my Birth Cert. is..........yes I can send away for a copy.

I told her that they already have my info on file since I have held my licence since 1980 something, and know where to send my Road Tax reminder which is paid for online, so why can't I just send her my paper jobbie plus current photo, and send me the new card ? She would not budge.........rules is rules...........so I told her to forget it and kindly refund my 20 or whatever it was.....which they eventually did.

However, with the latest stories about people with photo cards expiring after 10 years, I thought I had better check as to how I stand with a paper one.
 I find that my paper licence runs out when I hit 70 years and I am supposed to receive a notice for renewal from the DVLA a couple on months before hand fo get a photo card.

Dealing with some authorities really pisses me off these days........well, for quite a few years really.  ;D
I believe that I will not have to pay the fee or provide the extra ID.

Well, in two years time I shall find out..........
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

richard

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 14, 07:57 PM »
Breaking the law has consequences - if he didn't think about that, then that's his problem.