Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 18, 19, 02:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104639
  • Total Topics: 11600
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 181
  • (Nov 04, 19, 10:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Themes

Author Topic: Wow....bloody tax man..  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Wow....bloody tax man..
« on: May 02, 14, 11:16 AM »
Just received my increase on my monthly RAF Pension, and it has gone up by the magnificent amount of 1.46/month.

I seem to pay more bloody tax each year, and would be better off without an annual increase.

Not quite enough to put down a deposit on a Bugatti Veyron...pah.. >:(
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
Re: Wow....bloody tax man..
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 14, 07:40 AM »
They give with one hand & take with the other,  ::)
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 14, 01:39 PM »
Exactly.
I get an annual increase on my state pension, and my RAF pension which I have to advise the benefits office about.
They then say "Hah !" you are 'earning' more money so therefore we will reduce your housing and council tax benefits, so I don't gain anything from an increase, so I suppose the level of income stays roughly the same, but diesel, electricity, gas and food bloody well does not !. Gggrrrrrrr....
The tax man does the same, damn him... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 14, 11:49 PM »
And now the post office is saying they want to charge us for delivery as they are losing so much because of emails,  >:(

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 14, 12:13 PM »
Yep, the Government is now upset with me because I have done what they and Doctors have told me to, and that is to give up smoking cigarettes, and switched to an electronic device, tank and flavoured juice, ranging from zero nicotine to a high strength of 34mg.

Now they are moaning because of the loss of tax revenue, so like America will try to bring in laws to legislate the buying of these kits and the flavoured juices, as so many people are now switching to these devices.
I gave up on cigarettes on the 23rd December last year, and have not smoke a ciggie since. I did try one once because I really, really wanted one, but I took 3 puffs and had to put it out because I might just as well have gone home and licked an old ashtray... ;D

I was amazed at how easy it was for me to transfer to flavoured juices over real ciggies, as I have been smoking since about 1957, and rather liked smoking ciggies.
My current favourite is 'Cheesecake' or 'strawberry cheesecake', very smooth and pleasant to puff on.

I also gave myself about a 50-60 a week pay rise (as the wife used to pinch some of my ciggies/roll-ups) or about 240-260 per month. Now I have spent some money on better electronic devices, the juice tanks and actual bottles of juice, but that amounts to about 150 over the 5 months, so it is a far cheaper habit/hobby 'vaping' juice, than smoking tobacco, and my worn out lungs feel better too.

So now I have a bit more money left out of my Pension which means I can treat us both with some steak, decent cuts of salmon, and fresh cut pork chops for example, and the possibility of buy a couple of new tyres for my car and now much easier to achieve. Plus my overdraft is now coming under control.... ;D

Anyway, I am happier now with this replacement smoking, or 'vaping' as it is called, as it is pretty cheap to use and once I get over the itch for newer and shinier bits of kit........nearly there.............then the costs will reduce to about 10 per week on flavoured juices. To me, some 40 per month is better than some 240 per month outlay...:)

The people who are upset are the tax man, tobacco companies and the companies that supply patches, pills and chewing gum to try to help people stop smoking, so two fingers up at them...........I didn't even try, I just stopped the moment I started my e-cigarette basic kit, and then found that there is a massive industry out there that supplies all sorts of shiny goodies...:D

Now there is a whole load of mis-information coming out about using e-cigarette type devices, but a lot of reports fail to mention that I can buy bottles of juice with zero nicotine, so the ingredients are basically just flavourings, Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerine (VG): (in various proportions of your liking) in pre-mixed bottles of sizes of 5ml - 50ml, or, I could buy bottles of ingredients and mix up my own flavours, so a few ingredients against the thousands found in tobacco.

I have found that I can switch to e-cigarettes from tobacco cigaretts easily, but I cannot switch back again, so the scare stories about teens starting on these and moving to tobacco cigarettes to me in nonsense as I have tried it.
So anyone thinking about giving up on tobacco, switch to e-cigarette devices, which are much better for you and a damn sight cheaper into the bargain...:D

But, I did it for financial reasons as the costs of smoking are sky high, and not health reasons, since I am old an knackered anyway, I didn't seem to matter to me too much to smoke ciggies and roll-ups.

Hey ho, this was going to be a simple reply, and turned into a lecture............ :gig:  :blush:

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 14, 01:27 PM »
Glad it's working for you Baron:yup:

it will also pay for your petrol if you need a car on your island,  ;)

Whatever new treatments are developed they're always making the most money they can get out of it,  ::)

I think meth amphetamines (ice) is much more of a problem than smoking ever is now, there is so much anger & violence amongst users now causing more deaths,
they need to come down on drug dealers & users a lot harder  >:(

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 14, 04:26 PM »
I agree. I never went out and mugged, maimed or killed someone for some ciggies.

I have never touched illegal drugs, not even waccy baccy.
I was once given a pill (I forget which now, but was popular in the 60's) when I was in Cyprus which helps to keep you awake on a night shift............never again, because I could not sleep the next day and it took ages to wear off, so I though "Bugger that for a game of soldiers" and never took one again.

That was my only venture with some drug..........apart from prescribed ones from the Quack obviously.

I does help pay for diesel for my VW Passat, but then these days I only put in about 10/$18 AUS every two weeks, as I don't have to travel about 22 miles a day back and forth to work.......so I can go mad and sometimes put in 15 worth !!... ;D

This 'vaping' lark is much healthier than smoking ciggies, and one helluva lot cheaper too, so I win both ways.

Anything to piss off the tax man... ;D

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 14, 05:41 AM »
Yes these drug users are brainless & follow the mob like sheep;

they tie up our ambulances & attack the ambos & nurses trying to treat them & genuine heart attack patients die waiting for an ambulance,  >:(

They're also responsible for most the robberies & murders now.  >:(

You're lucky to be out of the cities,  :yup:

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Babs

• Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 5
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 14, 10:40 AM »

I gave up on cigarettes on the 23rd December last year, and have not smoke a ciggie since. I did try one once because I really, really wanted one, but I took 3 puffs and had to put it out because I might just as well have gone home and licked an old ashtray... ;D

But, I did it for financial reasons as the costs of smoking are sky high, and not health reasons, since I am old an knackered anyway,

Glad to hear it worked for you, Baron... I quit when I was admitted to hospital with breathing problems. I have to say though... the main reason nowadays is for the money. The extra money allows us to be out and about a lot more... and yes... it has improved the breathing some.

Just had a google and saw that the 'best' of B&H are 8.87 for a pack of 20. For 20 a day that's 62.09 a week and 3,228.58 a year! That is just ridiculous.
"Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!"

- Irving Berlin

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 14, 08:09 PM »
I used to buy the cheapest I could find on offer..........they days are long gone when I smoked by Brand.....and Pall Mall were the ones I used @ 5.99 for a packet of 19.

I don't know what the cheapest prices are now, since I have not been near the cigarette counters since I gave up.

Giving myself a pay rise per week/month means that I can now afford to buy some of the more expensive kit for my hobby, without breaking the Bank, which I have done over about 5 months.
So yes, I can buy better quality pork chops and stuff, put diesel in the car when I feel like it, and enjoy my new hobby which does not bust my wallet.

I was just so amazed how easily I took to this alternative to tobacco. Trying the NHS route filled me with dread, but hearing from a friend about this new way of doing things got my interest as it involved shiny new toys to play with...:D

I am not rolling in money, but what I have now goes further. It will go even further when I stop buy new bits of kit, and just buy new and different flavours of juice which will cost about 30-40 per month, depending on how many bottles I buy and where from.

There is a whole new world out there.............and I spit on the nay sayers who are spreading propaganda about how bad this habit is.
They always show those horrible look-alike cigarettes, and never the much more popular 'mods' and tanks available, which are much better.
They harp on about the nicotine addiction.............heck I can buy juice with zero nicotine if I want.

Go the NHS route and all the flavoured chewing gum, patches, and inhalers/mist sprayers all contain nicotine as far as I can make out.

Then some idiots say that one ingredient Propylene Glycol (PG) is found in anti freeze.................so is bloody water, and that isn't generally harmful to humans. The PG is there to lower the temperature of the anti freeze so it doesn't freeze so quickly, and safe guards the engine in very cold weather.

Vegetable Glycerine (VG) is also an ingredient that that is used in zillions of products consume by humans.
In the market there are various mixtures to be had, all VG, all PG or a mix of the two in various percentages.
Nicotine is also an ingredient IF required in various strengths.
Then there are various flavours of loads of things, but again, there is a choice of no flavour at all.

So, about 4 ingredients against about 4,000 found in tobacco, including nicotine and tars. (I still sort of miss my ciggies though....:))

Plus this way of 'vaping' as it is called and not smoking, is providing a huge boost to the economy as there are many UK Firms producing flavours and importing kit, but providing jobs to people over the past few years that were not available before.
So people get jobs, tax is paid, smokers give up cigarettes, are happier and a bit healthier, so what's not to like ?

Sorry folks, I am off on my crusade again............ :bolt:

Offline Babs

• Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 5
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 14, 08:44 AM »
 ;)      :wave1:
"Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!"

- Irving Berlin

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 14, 11:14 AM »
 :wave1: :-* :)