Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 13, 18, 03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104111
  • Total Topics: 11535
  • Online Today: 18
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8

Themes

Author Topic: Windfall  (Read 5608 times)

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
Windfall
« on: Sep 06, 14, 07:18 PM »
I have been given a carrier bag ful of PC games, games of various ages written for different operating systems. I doubt that I'll (attempt to) play them all but I have a concern if I try.

My main desktop is now W7, I have moved my oldish PCIE graphics card from my old XP gaming computer to my W7 desktop and can play Fallout3: New Vegas and Half Life 2 (Steam account). How should I proceed with others? If I install or try to install a game not written for W7 and it doesn't like it what are the likely repercussions?

Games I've been given include:
Assassins Creed (Directors Cut)
Bioshock & Bioshock 2
Call Of Duty/COD 2/COD Modern Warfare 2/COD Modern Warfare 4/COD World At War
Crysis Warhead
Farcry & Farcry 2
Max Payne
Medal Of Honour Pacific Assault
Quake 4
Unreal Tournament 2

There are 37 in total.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

richard

Re: Windfall
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 14, 10:59 PM »
The only repercussion likely is having to uninstall it.

If you just follow the usualy good practice and create a shiny new restore-point before each install, you've got the option to roll back any changes the game might make - and I doubt there'll be much beyond maybe an older version of directx or something similar.

I'm kind of intrigued by what I've seen of the bioshock series, and crysis, so if you can't get into them and need to re-home them... keep me in mind  :yup:

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
Re: Windfall
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 14, 09:51 AM »
I'm kind of intrigued by what I've seen of the bioshock series, and crysis, so if you can't get into them and need to re-home them... keep me in mind  :yup:

They'll probably be some of the first ones I try  >:D

But I have my chores to do first ....
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes