Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 16, 19, 03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104627
  • Total Topics: 11600
  • Online Today: 26
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Themes

Author Topic: Bloody income tax  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Bloody income tax
« on: May 02, 15, 06:27 PM »
Just received my annual RAF Pension advice, and I will be getting the grand sum of .82p extra/month due to the bloddy tax man taking even more tax away.
I iz confuzed...the tax allowance goes up, but I end up paying more tax by some 10 extra per month, and that is on a 1.2% increase gross amount over last year.
(288.67 gross - 61.80 tax)

2014-2015 I get 226.05/month (net) in Bank, so 2015-2016 I get 226.87/month......fekking wunderbar.

Ah well, better than last year when I got 0.39p extra/month.

What's the point of getting an annual increase on a Pension huh ? (State or private).

How am I supposed to run a Bugatti Veyron on that paltry amount eh ? :)

Sodding Government.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Derek

• Being a nuisance
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 45
    • Myonlinesecurity
Re: Bloody income tax
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 15, 09:12 AM »
I think you need to speak to the tax man
if you only have a state pension and your RAF pension as sole  income, then you shouldn't be paying that much tax

my rough calculations on a basic state pension for a married couple with your stated raf pension means you should pay approx.   82 per month tax in total from state & RAF pensions combined

However if you have other pension income that will affect it a lot

I would definitely get HMRC to double check as you might well be overpaying vastly. I wouldn't be surprised if they have down as still working and a single man

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: Bloody income tax
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 15, 12:10 PM »
Thanks Derek, but my combined SP and RAFP push me over the tax threshold, and last April I went to the Library/Help Centre to speak to the HMRC rep. there, who told me it is correct and tough luck...:)
But, that service has now been cut from the Help Centre now.
I was just having a bit of a rant, and naff all I can do without it, and my stiff upper lip, is starting to quiver a bit....:)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.