Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 15, 17, 12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 103313
  • Total Topics: 11438
  • Online Today: 10
  • Online Ever: 127
  • (Nov 02, 12, 06:30 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

adverts

RoboForm: Learn more...

Secunia

Themes

Author Topic: They won't beat us.  (Read 780 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
They won't beat us.
« on: May 23, 17, 07:02 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/news/manchester-bombing-2017

Funnily enough, the great majority, here, think of the attackers as quite pathetic. What they're doing is having the exact opposite effect to what we assume they want to achieve. Instead of spreading terror, they're causing a great unity, in spite of what May's done. I truth, she's causing more terror, here, than Isis ever will. There's no talk of revenge, or anything, except from UKIP, of course. They soon got told where to go.

Manchester's extremely multi-cultural and it always has been. Rather than there being whites, blacks, Asians, et al, they're all simply Mancs. Unlike London, the people who live here think of it as OUR city.

Might explain why it's Labour through and through. (I don't mean that as a plug).

(Much).  ;D

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: They won't beat us.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 17, 12:37 PM »
Well, I think that Birmingham is another city to keep an eye on these days....
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 17, 03:47 PM »
That's always been a bit rough, that. Thing is, people (I use the word loosely) are blaming Muslims, again.

OK, the yellow waste of space did happen to be a "Muslim". But, the VAST majority of them want a bit of peace and safety, just as we do.

When you look at the history, the Muslims have every right to be pissed off at Christians, after what the Christians did to them (Crusades, &C.). But, unless they've been radicalised, they just want what we do, really.

Fortunately, that twat Farage has kept quiet, thus far...

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 17, 08:13 PM »
I am still rather miffed at the Romans, Vikings and Frenchies for invading this country, and our ancestors being made slaves, and I am still waiting for some compensation from the Scandiwegians, Italians and in some part the French !  ;D

I agree mostly that the muslims, want to live in peace here, even though they have weird ideas on how women should dress and behave, but it is the irritant, arrogant radical ones that wish us death and destruction, and their numbers are growing, either by home grown ones, or mixed in with all the 'refugees' that have flooded in here over the recent years.

They are to me just economic migrants, where some do indeed work, but mostly they seem to want all the goodies dished out to them care of my and others taxes.

True refugees, stop at the nearest safe country and apply for asylum, not plough on through other countries until they get to Calais hoping to sneak in here.

Until the vast influx of these people, life here was devoid of beheadings in a public street, blowing up buses, or blowing up a large number of people gathered together, not only here, but countries in Europe. France for one example.

Although it was not entirely without some violence when the IRA was openly active in recent years, but that has thankfully stopped now in England, but the terrorists will carry on forever as their numbers gather.

Yep there were the Crusades, but for goodness sakes, that was hundreds of years ago and they still hold a grudge ?
Same as some of our coloured friends, still harping on about slavery, and how cruel the British Empire was.
There were other Empires besides ours, and our Empire actually did some good, the same as the Roman Empire - apart from the slavery bit, which we don't harp on about all the time - and at least they left us decent road, the remains of Villas, Bath houses and many mosaics and many other interesting artifacts.

When the muslims rule, they will just leave behind destruction of ancient buildings museums, and anything else they deem too Christian, so the country will be derelict and devoid of any manufacturing, music, dancing etc.......

Anyway, this latest Manchester atrocity has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth, and made me a touch grumpy... >:D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 17, 01:02 AM »
What happened in Manchester is horrible & I can see it spreading to Australia also.  >:(

We are having more trouble in Melbourne with the Sudanese doing car jackings, home invasions, & smashing into jewellery stores & terrorising people. I guess they hold a grudge from slavery also, but I believe the bikie gangs are putting them up to a lot of the robberies also.  >:(
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 17, 10:56 AM »
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/121D8/production/_96200247_acityunited_mancity.jpg

Us dominating everyone else, particularly the way it was done, was bound to come back and bite us.

There's only one problem with the world and, sadly, it's us. (I mean humanity).

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 17, 11:57 AM »
Why is it always the British Empire that gets all the flak, and blamed for everything wrong in the world ?
Many countries were handed back to the people, and it mostly didn't go to well when left to their own devices...

We were not alone in building Empires: https://sites.google.com/a/uc.cl/history/home/10-biggest-empires-in-history

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 17, 08:08 PM »
but it is the irritant, arrogant radical ones

I include in this ANY radical (or evangelical) religious groups, be they shia, suni, hasid, southern baptist etc. I am happy to tolerate any religious group that tolerates my personal beliefs, as I am to tolerate theirs.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 17, 11:47 AM »
I agree Obblie, but it appears to me that it seems to be only the muslim variety that is causing all the problems these days, not the Catholic IRA, who didn't seem to like the Protestants, but their war wasn't mostly a religious one, but more against the British i.e. English people.
 All the other religions abiding in our country seem to be getting along with the rest of us in peace, except the violent members of Islam.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 17, 07:11 PM »
It IS Muslims who are doing this stuff. But, for anyone to blame all Muslims, because of that, is like saying that all footballers are thick, coz Rooney is.

But, these radicals are blaming all whites for what the damned Catholics did. But, we and the Yanks have been killing Muslims just for the fun of it, in wars that really had nothing to do with us.

We didn't go to war with Iraq for any moral reasons, either. It was all about oil. Don't you think these radicals know that? Their people killed for bloody oil!?

What if Muslims came over here and killed people to try and get at our rape seeds?

As for our empire, ask the Welsh, the Scots and the Irish. In many ways, they still hate the English and they have every right to, too.

Ask the Indians.

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 17, 09:58 AM »
We didn't exactly try to get the middle eastern peeps to love Christians by sending crusaders to the Holy Land did we? 
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 17, 12:52 PM »
Well, the Crusades started back in 1095, and the muslims are still quoting that for attacking us ?
The Romans invaded Britain in 55BC, but we have forgiven them, and not carried on bleating about that, even to try and get compensation for enslaving the population.
The Anglo-Saxons also came over for a bit of slavery too, and later the French.
But this sort of thing was going on all the time in those ancient days by lots of countries grabbing lands and enslaving the peoples.

But we don't hold grudges these days, but like you say Kat, the Welsh, Irish and the Scottish don't like us, but so far only the Irish set about bombing us in recent years.

I am actually half Scottish as my mother was born in Stirling, and my father in London, so I half hate myself.. :)

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 17, 04:28 PM »
You can't beat Muslims for holding grudges, Shias and Sunnis have been at each others throats for 1400 years.

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 17, 04:34 PM »
On the Irish problem, originally I was very anti republican, however when looking deeper and reflecting I came to the conclusion that it was the protestant attitude that created the need fulfilled by the IRA. I don't condone the violence on either side but William of Orange and his successors and their attitude towards the Catholics created the problem.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 17, 07:19 PM »
As for the muslims, why are they so eager to come and live in this country, when they disapprove of music, TV, films, booze, our food and clothing, so what is the attraction here ? Benefits and a brick house instead of a mud hut ?
I don't really know much about the Irish problems, but they still seem to hold a grudge about the potato famine.

Offline fred

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 5
    • cymrogwyllt
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 17, 07:19 PM »
As in all cultures there are extremists and they are usually in a very small minority.  Meibion Glyndwr' was tied down to a single individual after a long investigation.  The fact that the individual did not have the mental capacity or the logistics needed to do the jobs seems immaterial. In this case i feel that he was fixed up.
I jumped into a river in France and it turned out I was in Seine

O'r holl gerbydau'r Byd a gāf
Yr elor yw yr olaf