Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 19, 18, 11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 103901
  • Total Topics: 11512
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 127
  • (Nov 02, 12, 06:30 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Themes

Author Topic: Bulk Crap Uninstaller  (Read 644 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
Bulk Crap Uninstaller
« on: Feb 25, 18, 11:26 AM »

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: Bulk Crap Uninstaller
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 18, 11:48 AM »
Well, if given the seal of approval by you Kat, I shall download it and try it out.  8)
I currently use Ashampoo WinOptimizer, but it's downside is that it also takes out most of my log in details to forums etc., but otherwise it seems to do a good job of clearing out krapp.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 18, 09:22 PM »
It's an uninstaller. But, unlike others I could mention (Revo, Geek, et al), it actually gets rid of registry entries, stuff in AppData and ProgramData, too.

The interface might be a bit OMG! to some. But, it's a damned good gig, is BCUninstaller.  :)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 18, 05:07 PM »
In my usual fashion of laziness, I have downloaded it to my desk top, but not got around to trying it out yet.... ::)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline handy

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 18, 06:54 PM »
Downloaded as well thank you Kat  :juice:
If there was a tax on brains, i would get a rebate.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 18, 09:44 PM »
Always a pleasure!

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 18, 11:38 AM »
Yep got it earlier on, and installed it, but I also have WinOptimzer from Ashampoo which does the same and more.
I will keep it, just in case.... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 18, 12:39 PM »
does the same and more.

That doesn't uninstall programs...

The Nirsoft uninstaller's good, too. Mind you, he does a LOT of useful stuff.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 18, 04:01 PM »
Yep it does, along with lots of other options, that I find useful sometimes, and others that I leave alone.  :)
 I use their uninstaller sometimes in place of the built in Windows, add/remove programmes, and both seem to work ok.

I also have the dedicated Ashampoo Uninstaller, which I bought some years ago, but not installed for ages, because the WinOpt proggy already includes it.
I think I have stuff on a CD/DVD that you have put me on to or sent, from way back to my Win98SE days, or maybe XP, and don't have the heart to chuck it all out.

Anyone need some patches and stuff for Win98, 98SE, ME (urrgh), XP Pro Corp (thanks RSU), Vista (I liked it !), Win 8 + 8.1....... ;D

I must check out Nirsoft..thanks for the tip.  :hat3:

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 18, 07:49 PM »
Oh. In the writeup, it fails to mention that.

Yeah, I've hoarded loads of old crap, coz you never know when it might be handy. Not just computer stuff, either, as the missiz will confirm, whilst rolling her eyes.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 18, 11:44 AM »
I know the feeling.... ;D
My 'man cave' is the 3rd small bedroom, which I commandeered when we moved into this house a couple of years ago, and the built in wardrobe is when I store all my spare parts and stuff, which the wife labels as junk.

It has some empty boxes that stuff came in, so handy for any returns, plastic boxes with spare Sata cables, USB cables of various types, about half a dozen brand new 120/140mm fans (I sort of over bought them), spare, plastic HDD caddies, and some boxes of stuff that I can't remember what's in them.
That's just the big bottom cupboard, and the top one has the mobo box (just in case), two spare PSU's in their boxes, a keyboard, the old router, a WD media player, the old AMD Radeon 4870X2 gfx card (the working one of a pair, before one went dead on me and got a 6870OC card via RMA, so bought a second one for CF), and other stuff, which I don't know why I keep, except 'one day something will come in handy' approach. Like an old 4870X2 will ever come in handy, but don't have the heart to chuck it out... ::)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 18, 05:06 PM »
I'm one of those that learnt the lesson, ages ago. You build summat and things go a bit weird. You then get to a certain point where you need a bit. Not just any old bit, but a certain something which is hard to find, in the shops. "Fuck! I threw one of those out, last year!".

I've got old mobos and things that must be thirty-odd years old, now.

I doubt I'll ever use 'em.

But...