Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 18, 08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 103544
  • Total Topics: 11467
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 127
  • (Nov 02, 12, 06:30 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3

Themes

Author Topic: This video of a very old two wheel drive car, shames a lot of modern cars..  (Read 109 times)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
This old motor from over 90 years ago, shows modern 4 wheel drive cars how to travel in mud and bad roads in an oil field... :hat3:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nq2jY1trxqg?rel=0
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
They were made for that, though. Thankfully, what with the small bits of road in the potholes, here, our Jeep makes them fairly easy going, :)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
I also think that those skinny tyres used back then also helped. Not for comfort though, but then the suspension back then wasn't too brilliant either.... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
suspension back then wasn't too brilliant either.

Our wedding car was built in the 20's and we were given champers when travelling up to Laugharne Castle for photos. Didn't drink the champers, more wore it.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
I believe they had a lot of torque, back then. Good to have, but it tended to cause things to shear. Drive shafts and the like.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Yep a bit of ancient engineering back then in the early days of motoring, but for an old motor it coped pretty well in those conditions, but not quite the comfort of say a Range Rover.....:)

Offline handy

• Regular
I bet my little Vauxhall Viva could do that. :yup:
If there was a tax on brains, i would get a rebate.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
I fear my little Skoda would give it a hearty try, and then just get stuck in the deepest mud and give up.... :blush: