Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 10, 18, 08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104111
  • Total Topics: 11535
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Themes

Author Topic: Long time  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
Re: Long time
« Reply #50 on: Oct 22, 18, 10:50 PM »
Sorry to hear you've had a lot of pain also with not much relief,  :(
they tried acupuncture on me to no avail also; I've had these problems for over 30 years,
back to the chiropractor today for my knee.

I was pulling out some dead grass fronds yesterday (a bit like swordgrass) & about 1/2 an inch long splinter went into my thumb,
I couldn't pull it out as it was against the flow, so off to the doctors & the 6 tries of needles for the local into the thumb were very painful,
she had to cut it out.

That will teach me to wear gloves.  :D
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #51 on: Oct 23, 18, 11:14 AM »
Oh dear...... :flowers: :flowers:

I have experience that sword grass when I was out in Brisbane. I thought it would be just nice long grass, and didn't have my trainers on..............after a lot of 'ooowwwwing' and 'groaning', I deceided there and then that I would never do that again, because that grass is lethal, and not as nice natured as I though. This confirmed my belief that just about everything in Australia is designed to sting me, bite me, and stab me wherever it could.
My brother thought it hilarious, and laughed his head off, and called me a 'wuss' and other words of concern for my health.... :o ;D

30 years is a very long time, and you must have been quite young when that set in..... :-*

I guess acupuncture was worth a go, for us, but no real results.
I was also asked on my last session to rate out of 10 how I think things went.
I lied a bit, so rather say a score of about 3, I made it 8....I didn't want to hurt her feelings....especially with those strong hands of her, she might throttle me with one hand...

Yep, messing about in my back garden, I always forget to wear a pair of gardening gloves, and when fighting with my apple tree to lop off some dead little branches, and some bigger ones higher up, the tree fights back and stabs my hands, and having very thin skin on the back of them now, I end up with many wounds, and then think 'It's bit late for gloves now', and wander into the kitchen to dig out some sticky back plasters, to stem the surprised amount of my blood flowing from the torn skin.
I also noticed that the packet was about 4 years out of date, but hey ho, they did stick on to the skin and gave me a bit of protection from my usual trick of accidentally scraping the back on something.

The skin is so thin these days, that if I turn my head to sneeze, it will just give me bruises, and sometimes break the skin to make me bleed............oh the joys of getting ancient.... ;D

Anyway, good luck on your visit to the bone Doctor, and hope it gives you some relief.... :hat3:
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #52 on: Oct 23, 18, 12:32 PM »
Well we're not spring chickens any more are we,  ;)

I was contemplating getting rid of the bougainvillea that has died over our long dry spell,
but thought I should avoid the long thorns for now, then dead heading the roses I got caught on thorns anyway.  ::)

I had an update on a Tetanus & Whooping cough vaccine yesterday also, as I told her the neighbour's cat pees on the garden.  :laugh:

The chiropractor seems to have eased the knee a bit, might take a week or so for the muscles to adjust now.

We have so many first aid things that are many years old, even some headache tablets are 4 years old, will have to check if they are safe now.

Have to mow the lawn again tomorrow, maybe I should wear goggles too.  :gig:

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #53 on: Oct 24, 18, 11:14 AM »
It's like sitting in a Doctors surgery waiting to be called in..........discussing all our age induced aches and pains........ ;D

Glad you knee is enjoying a bit of relief..

As for gardening, don't forget a hard hat with visor, Hi-Viz jacket, thick gloves, knee pads, warning signs all over the garden, and paramedics standing by........ ;D   :flowers:
I keep trying not to look at the grass and weeks which are still growing..........slowly thank goodness, and thinking I really should get the mower out for the front and back.........yet if it is nice and sunny and warm, I dig out the sunbed for its storage bin, and settle down with my book, and ignore it all...
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #54 on: Oct 24, 18, 11:18 PM »
Well I did the front lawn, only the back to do now; I've tried to dig out the row of japanese bamboo (nandina) but the roots are deep & tough,
will have to get a gardener.  ::)
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 18, 09:55 PM by Yvonne »

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Brains

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 0
« Reply #55 on: Oct 31, 18, 12:32 AM »
Cripples corner is alive and well lol
Gonna and fell again here on sun - severe bruising and cracked coccyx  :nooo:
Brains aka Donna xXx

Checkout my crafting blog: http://smileycrafter.blogspot.com/

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #56 on: Nov 01, 18, 09:59 PM »
OUCH !!  :nooo:

Sorry to hear that, sounds very painfull, hope it doesn't take too long to mend.  :flowers:
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 18, 07:25 AM by Yvonne »

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #57 on: Nov 05, 18, 07:28 AM »
I've developed thrombosis in my upper thigh & have to inject blood thinners into my belly every day for a month or more,  ::)
I'll look like a pin cushion.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #58 on: Nov 05, 18, 09:42 AM »
I am not going to say anything about having a prick a day no not at all. :bolt:
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #59 on: Nov 05, 18, 01:41 PM »
I am not going to say anything about having a prick a day no not at all. :bolt:

:lipsx:   ;D  ;D

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Brains

• Barfly
« Reply #60 on: Nov 18, 18, 03:27 AM »
When I fell last I actually badly scalded my arm the same arm I shattered the humerus on a few mths back xx FEDUP of this now - need to know why I'm the one falling over mum at present xx
Brains aka Donna xXx

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #61 on: Nov 18, 18, 09:49 PM »
You certainly have been in the wars, do you have a problem with balance ?
your leg muscles could be getting weak, maybe some physio would help.  ???

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Brains

• Barfly
« Reply #62 on: Nov 23, 18, 01:39 AM »
Balance seems to run in the family well that is balance issues xx Had physio before and no winning with it xx Its will sort itself normally xx
Brains aka Donna xXx

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #63 on: Nov 23, 18, 10:59 PM »
I've just been walking up to vote, glad that's the end of all the campaigning now.  ::)

Just one more injection to go & that will be finished too thankfully.

MORE PHOTOS