Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 25, 18, 09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 103839
  • Total Topics: 11507
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 127
  • (Nov 02, 12, 06:30 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Themes

Author Topic: Windows 10 again  (Read 591 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
Re: Windows 10 again
« Reply #25 on: Jun 12, 18, 10:40 PM »
Do you consider yourself a machine then.  :gig:
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 18, 10:33 AM »
I wish I was a machine, because I would be much easier to fix.... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
« Reply #27 on: Jun 13, 18, 06:31 PM »
I had W1, briefly, before I dumped it for an Amiga. Anyone remember Windows Bob?  :gig:

I won't be updating W7, for reasons I explained, elsewhere.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #28 on: Jun 14, 18, 02:30 AM »
I've just been fixed again by the chiropractor.  ;D

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #29 on: Jun 14, 18, 10:26 AM »
Ha, I recently had an endoscopy !!  ;D :flowers:
So it appears I have some stomach ulcers........deep joy.

As for Windows Bob, I think I vaguely remember that from my Win98/SE days.
Also that annoying 'paper clip' which to me is like the annoying Cortana and Cloud now on Win10.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #30 on: Jun 14, 18, 11:50 AM »
Sorry to hear about your stomach ulcers Baron:(
there has been some success with a strong antibiotic of sorts, hope you won't be needin an op.  :flowers:

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #31 on: Jun 14, 18, 12:49 PM »
Oh my quack gave me some Omeprazole capsules, but not sure they are doing any good.
But at least the good news was, that I am not pregnant !!  ;D

I have had an unexpected appointment letter from the Consultant chappy, for the end of this month....hmmmm, good news, just a check up perhaps, bad news, have I made a Will yet ?
That sort of thing.... ;D

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #32 on: Jun 15, 18, 12:54 AM »
Hope the capsules work for you, if it caused by a virus they should.

Speaking of pregnant, the female of the couple that took our old caravan, spied the neighbour's cat in our yard & was talking to it asking if it was pregnant, when I told her his name was Kevin, he would have nothing to do with her after that.  :gig:

Hope it's good news with the consultant.

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #33 on: Jun 15, 18, 08:51 AM »
Also sorry to hear about your ulcers, I've had a blood test that checks for the antibodies to a bug that can cause them and fortunately I have never had it and haven't got it. I'm taking Lansoprazole which is similar to Omeprazole, had to stop taking it for 2 weeks before the blood test and as far as reducing reflux etc it most certainly does work it was an uncomfortable fortnight.

BOB  :hm: :comp1:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Bob I liked what it says near the end "In 2015, a successor to Microsoft BOB was released called Windows 10."  :hysterical:

That annoying paper clip was called Clippit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Assistant. I shudder when I recall how helpful it was. "It looks like you are writing a suicide note, would you like help?"  :axe:

Do you also remember Dr Watson the debugger? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Watson_(debugger)
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #34 on: Jun 15, 18, 11:47 AM »
I had to laugh at the cat one Yvonne..... ;D

I only went to my quack because I have been suffering from afternoon tiredness, and loss of appetite.
I'd have have a nice hot meal in the evening, then after a short while my stomach would say 'I am bored with this, stop eating', so I did and wasted half a meal.

I then had the bright idea of swapping to a sort of salad based meal, just adding jacket spud, some iceberg lettuce and sliced tomato with something like cooked chicken/chicken in bread crumbs, gammon ham, sort of things.

Yep I know, ideal grub in the middle of winter.... ;D

But it sort of worked, and I began to feel better, but turned up for the endoscopy appointment anyway.
I like discomfort !  ::)

But, the very attractive Chinese Doctor who was ramming the hose pipe and camera down my guts, was a nice distraction, and I was very brave, and didn't cry like a little girl.... 8) ;D

Anyway, that's life, so I keep calm and carry on... :gig:

Thanks for those links Obblie, they bring back memories.... ;D

In the early days, I fell into the trap of downloading screen savers and animated ones as well, tool bars, and other crap, which as far as I know, the only virus I have ever given a home to.
I couldn't understand why my cursor was moving all over the screen, without any guidance from me.
I think 'hot bar' was the main culprit amongst others.... :blush:

So that cost me ten quid to have a bloke come out and re-install Win98 or SE, receive a lecture about downloading all this fancy bad for my PC crap, and learnt a few lessons at the same time.

Today I just use the Windows firewall, and MSE, and leave it at that.
Used to run MBAM. which I paid for the full version, but then got demanding nags to pay 30 for another year...........so I got rid of it......even the 'free' version, as that kept nagging me to upgrade.

We live and learn huh ?

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
« Reply #35 on: Jun 27, 18, 04:08 PM »
Omeprazole... If they don't do it, for you, get them to try you on Lanzoprezole and/or Ranitidine.

I'm on both.  :)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 18, 07:16 PM »
Cheers mate.
I had an appointment today to see the Consultant chappie at our hospital that I met originally, after getting a letter in the post for this appointment.
My initial thought was 'oh crap, now what ?'
Anyway, he asked the usual questions like........'how are you  ?'......'do you feel any better ?' etc....
I just said that my belly still feels a bit like the after affects of the camera shoved down my throat to have a rummage about............and 'have you ever had an endoscopy yourself my good man ?'.
He hadn't, so doesn't know what I am trying to tell him what my guts feel like.
Not an ache, no pain, just a strong feeling of 'butterflies' who are extremely energetic buzzing about down there.

Anyway, the result is that I will be getting an appointment letter in the post for a CT scan, so that they can have a much better look around in glorious colour, and probably find that all my internal organs need replacing, and not to start reading a very big book.  :o :nooo:

Or, I may get told that I am as fit as a fiddle, and should take up mountain climbing, skiing, bungee jumping, and other relaxing sports.

Time will tell.... :)