Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 24, 18, 11:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 103627
  • Total Topics: 11481
  • Online Today: 31
  • Online Ever: 127
  • (Nov 02, 12, 06:30 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Themes

Author Topic: Windows 10 again  (Read 307 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
Re: Windows 10 again
« Reply #25 on: Jun 12, 18, 10:40 PM »
Do you consider yourself a machine then.  :gig:
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #26 on: Jun 13, 18, 10:33 AM »
I wish I was a machine, because I would be much easier to fix.... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
« Reply #27 on: Jun 13, 18, 06:31 PM »
I had W1, briefly, before I dumped it for an Amiga. Anyone remember Windows Bob?  :gig:

I won't be updating W7, for reasons I explained, elsewhere.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #28 on: Jun 14, 18, 02:30 AM »
I've just been fixed again by the chiropractor.  ;D

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #29 on: Jun 14, 18, 10:26 AM »
Ha, I recently had an endoscopy !!  ;D :flowers:
So it appears I have some stomach ulcers........deep joy.

As for Windows Bob, I think I vaguely remember that from my Win98/SE days.
Also that annoying 'paper clip' which to me is like the annoying Cortana and Cloud now on Win10.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #30 on: Jun 14, 18, 11:50 AM »
Sorry to hear about your stomach ulcers Baron:(
there has been some success with a strong antibiotic of sorts, hope you won't be needin an op.  :flowers:

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #31 on: Jun 14, 18, 12:49 PM »
Oh my quack gave me some Omeprazole capsules, but not sure they are doing any good.
But at least the good news was, that I am not pregnant !!  ;D

I have had an unexpected appointment letter from the Consultant chappy, for the end of this month....hmmmm, good news, just a check up perhaps, bad news, have I made a Will yet ?
That sort of thing.... ;D

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #32 on: Jun 15, 18, 12:54 AM »
Hope the capsules work for you, if it caused by a virus they should.

Speaking of pregnant, the female of the couple that took our old caravan, spied the neighbour's cat in our yard & was talking to it asking if it was pregnant, when I told her his name was Kevin, he would have nothing to do with her after that.  :gig:

Hope it's good news with the consultant.

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #33 on: Jun 15, 18, 08:51 AM »
Also sorry to hear about your ulcers, I've had a blood test that checks for the antibodies to a bug that can cause them and fortunately I have never had it and haven't got it. I'm taking Lansoprazole which is similar to Omeprazole, had to stop taking it for 2 weeks before the blood test and as far as reducing reflux etc it most certainly does work it was an uncomfortable fortnight.

BOB  :hm: :comp1:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Bob I liked what it says near the end "In 2015, a successor to Microsoft BOB was released called Windows 10."  :hysterical:

That annoying paper clip was called Clippit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Assistant. I shudder when I recall how helpful it was. "It looks like you are writing a suicide note, would you like help?"  :axe:

Do you also remember Dr Watson the debugger? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Watson_(debugger)
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #34 on: Jun 15, 18, 11:47 AM »
I had to laugh at the cat one Yvonne..... ;D

I only went to my quack because I have been suffering from afternoon tiredness, and loss of appetite.
I'd have have a nice hot meal in the evening, then after a short while my stomach would say 'I am bored with this, stop eating', so I did and wasted half a meal.

I then had the bright idea of swapping to a sort of salad based meal, just adding jacket spud, some iceberg lettuce and sliced tomato with something like cooked chicken/chicken in bread crumbs, gammon ham, sort of things.

Yep I know, ideal grub in the middle of winter.... ;D

But it sort of worked, and I began to feel better, but turned up for the endoscopy appointment anyway.
I like discomfort !  ::)

But, the very attractive Chinese Doctor who was ramming the hose pipe and camera down my guts, was a nice distraction, and I was very brave, and didn't cry like a little girl.... 8) ;D

Anyway, that's life, so I keep calm and carry on... :gig:

Thanks for those links Obblie, they bring back memories.... ;D

In the early days, I fell into the trap of downloading screen savers and animated ones as well, tool bars, and other crap, which as far as I know, the only virus I have ever given a home to.
I couldn't understand why my cursor was moving all over the screen, without any guidance from me.
I think 'hot bar' was the main culprit amongst others.... :blush:

So that cost me ten quid to have a bloke come out and re-install Win98 or SE, receive a lecture about downloading all this fancy bad for my PC crap, and learnt a few lessons at the same time.

Today I just use the Windows firewall, and MSE, and leave it at that.
Used to run MBAM. which I paid for the full version, but then got demanding nags to pay 30 for another year...........so I got rid of it......even the 'free' version, as that kept nagging me to upgrade.

We live and learn huh ?