Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 12, 18, 11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104111
  • Total Topics: 11535
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Themes

Author Topic: I had evil thoughts...  (Read 509 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
I had evil thoughts...
« on: Jul 16, 18, 01:45 PM »
Whilst rummaging through my collection of NirSoft stuff, I thought how easy it would be, when you were helping to fix someone's computer, to make off with all their passwords, &c. if you kept the NirSoft stuff on a USB stick and used it.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: I had evil thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 18, 11:00 AM »
Hmmmm, I withdraw my request (which I haven't made yet) for you to do some fixing on my computer.... :o ;D

But I had to look up NirSoft, and it seems rather usefull, as some times on a fresh install, I can't remember a password etc.

USB stick you say......sounds handy, since it won't get deleted on a re-installation.... :hat3:
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 18, 11:03 AM by Baron »
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 18, 10:35 AM »
You can get the whole package, in one hit, along with a launcher, which gives descriptions of what each does. You can even include the SysInternals suite, to go with it.

https://launcher.nirsoft.net/downloads/index.html

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 18, 10:47 AM »
Done !
Plenty of spare USB sticks lying about... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 18, 11:01 AM »
Have phun...  :pa

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 18, 04:29 PM »
I will........or break something..which I learnt how to do with Win98..... ;D

The delete key was always my enemy, and then I find I have no registry, and cost me a tenner to have windows installed again.
I did learn......eventually......honest ! :blush:

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 18, 06:46 PM »
I remember you having phun with...

FDisk!

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 18, 10:39 AM »
 :lh:
 Yep, happy days of trying to work a computer, and exploring what things do.... :yup:
Then costing me a tenner each time I screwed it up and had to have windows installed again by a friend who knew about these things
But, the last time he did it, I carefully watched what matey did, and then had a go myself the next time I broke something..............and to my surprise I actually managed to re-install windows myself !
Happy Panda !.

You were a great help back then............what was it, around 2000 or thereabouts ?

I have thankfully progressed since then to building my own, and helping a bit the family by building PC's for them, and then trying to fix them, which usually worked.

Now I have a broken PC which I can't be bothered to fix - I think it is the PSU gone U/S - but I need to take the case apart a bit to fit the 8 pin CPU cable as the socket is right up in a corner to try and plug it in.
I got the old cable out, but it was very difficult to do so.

Part of me wants to try and install the spare PSU, involving a lot of faffing about to see if if the PC will boot up and work, and the other part of me just can't be bothered.  ::)

Anyway, thanks for all your help over the years, and I am pretty sure I have stuff on a CD/DVD somewhere with fixes for windows 98 -SE and perhaps XP.
Memories......... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 18, 04:18 PM »
If RSU could see us, he'd be proud!

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 18, 10:27 AM »
More than likely......and thanks to him I got a disc with XP Pro Corp. on it, and still have.  :hat3: