Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 10, 18, 08:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104111
  • Total Topics: 11535
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Themes

Author Topic: A Shell commercial showing F1 cars, old and new..  (Read 216 times)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
A Shell commercial showing F1 cars, old and new..
« on: Aug 31, 18, 11:07 AM »
If you like F1 racing cars of course, but this commercial for Shell uses old Ferrari's with a lovely growl to the modern ones with their high pitched whine....:)

I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
Re: A Shell commercial showing F1 cars, old and new..
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 18, 10:50 AM »
Bikes are the same. I used to love that throaty growl that the old four-strokes had. The modern ones just sound like demented wasps...

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: A Shell commercial showing F1 cars, old and new..
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 18, 11:28 AM »
Totally agree, as I liked the old long stroked thumper engine sounds.
Like Nortons, Tritons, Triumphs and the Bonneville, BSA etc. which are the ones I rode pillion on, and grew up with, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
The first time I did 'a ton up' a mates bike, was along the quiet road on top of Boniface Downs along side the old WWII Radar Station, where the rather bumpy track was long enough.
Another chap had (what I thought was a Triumph Speedtwin), but it seems I was wrong, and the nearest I can find is the T100 Tiger 'Bathtub', because it had a casing over the rear of the bike, but it was a long time ago now back in the late 50's.
Although the old bikes used to leak oil all over the place (just marking their territory), whereas todays bike, have electric starters and not prone to leaking oil, and of course a lot more modern, which is good, but the sound isn't.
Like you say, bikes now are these short stroke high revving machines, with no soul, and sound a bit like F1 cars, or, demented wasps high on something... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.