Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 14, 18, 07:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104114
  • Total Topics: 11536
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13

Themes

Author Topic: The Conservative Party heading into day 1 of their conference  (Read 953 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
I thought it was a corbyn worshipper, rushing to try and see his hero making a speech..... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
Corbyn's a good ladTM. I can say that, having met and spoken, with him, for quite a while.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
So, you have your faults then Kat, for which I forgive you..... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
Well, I took the trouble to meet the guy, as I couldn't trust the media. I was proven right.

Honestly, he really IS a nice guyTM

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Maybe personally, but I wouldn't trust him or addled abbot to run the country.... :o  ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
Abbot has worked wonders, in her constituency. I know the place well. She made a couple of boobs, yes. But, at the time, she was drugged up to her eyeballs and the media, being Tory supporters, made capital out of that.

I'd rather live in a country where everyone helps everyone else, than the dog-eat-dog one the Tories have created.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Well maybe so, but from the interviews I have seen of her on YT, it appears she struggles with figures, and appears a bit racist (the well used world for most things today), and apart from that, she irritates the heck out of me.
I haven't seen many interviews with corbyn, but he seems to appear in the media when he screws up his story about overcrowded trains, and had to sit on the floor, seems rather attached to the IRA and Hamas, and other terrorist morons, plus he appears to be a bit anti Jewish.

But then I don't follow him, or any other politician for that matter, but make an exception for Jacob Rees-Mogg, because he comes across as knowledgeable, doesn't get all stroppy when an argument doesn't go his way, even if he is right.
Just about all politicians to me are a bunch or pathetic morons anyway....except JRM........... ;D

Al I know is that whoever I vote for, I always get a shyte Government... ::)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
As I said, you've been believing what you read/watch in the media/press. They're all Tories! Abbot screwed up, coz of medication. She also apologised and corrected herself. That, of course, never got reported.

BBC? Andrew Marr is a Tory party member. Laura whatsherface is related to David Scameron.

Unbiased? Yeah, right.

The overcrowded train thing was true. But, of course, Virgin tried to make out otherwise. But, they were caught out by others who had made videos, too.

Again, THAT never got reported.

The HAMAS thing was blown out of all proportion. At the start of a meeting, he referred to the Hamas representative as "Friend", yes. He also referred to the other parties as friends, too, because he wanted to start things off with a civil attitude. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. :)

Mogg is an evil bastard. He worries about nothing, other than his manifold hedge funds, which he's moving out of Britain, coz of Brexit. He also has a financial interest in Cuadrilla. I bet he never told you that...

Honest and honourable he really is not. As I told him, on Twatter, the guy's an idiot and a self-serving evil idiot, at that. He said that the EU was "Kneecapping" us, during the negotiations. Well, of course they are! If the roles were reversed, would you want Britain to be a roaring success, if they quit? Not on your fucking Nelly.

He and his ilk want to bring back Victorian values, as the witch Thatcher did.

That includes debtors prisons, workhouses and all that. The rich to rule and the rest of us to do as we're told.

Trouble is, the government doesn't run the country, now. The press/media does and people are falling for it. The Daily Fail lies like buggery and there's fuck all we can do about it, now.

It's bloody pathetic.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Well, that's me told off then...... ;D
Probably because like you say, I only see what the media says, which usually is not really a source of good information.
I used to make comments on the DM, but got banned because the censors didn't like a comment I made, so I switched to the Sun for my daily amusement, to put the world right and add my wise wisdom to certain stories, and not been banned there............yet.  ;D

I don't much like Andrew Marr.
Dunno who Laura wotsherface is.
The Corbyn stories, I just took at face value, true or not, but I don't think his party like him much either...

As for JRM, from the few interviews I have seen on YT, he seemed alright to me, and has a calm personality, and a sense of humour.........as a Politician, since I don't follow politics at all, I don't really know that much about him.

Addled Abbot seems to be taking a lot of medication these days..... ;D

To me, the rich will always be rich, either with the old silver spoon thingy, or, they have worked hard over the years to build their empire, as people have done ever since humans were invented.
I am poor, and will always be poor, as I don't have more than one working brain cell, and just drift through life making do with whatever I have got, and don't rally envy the rich, as there is sod all I can do about them.

I do sometimes dream of winning a large amount of on the Lottery, so that I can end my days in comfort with the knowledge that my family will hopefully have a more secure future financially,  and buy my dream car, the majestic Bugattie Veyron....any model I choose.

Ridiculous yes, impractical yes (especially on my Island), gas guzzler yes, but then it would piss off the greenies, so that's good.... ;D 8)
But then I think 'Sod it, I can afford it, so why not ?'  >:D

The only PM's I have known are:

Churchill - Tory - don't remember much about him, even during his second term 1951-1955 but do remember the day he died.
Attlee     - Labour - don't remember much about him either.
Eden      _ Tory - don't remember much about him either.
Macmillan - Tory.....ditto...
Douglas-Home - Tory....ditto.....
Wilson  - Labour, it think he was the twat that got the TSR2 scrapped and bought Yank Phantoms ?
Heath - Tory, dumb twat.
Wilson - Labour, back again.
Callaghan - Labour, twat.
Thatcher - Tory, I think she got it because people were fed up with two Labour terms, and she reduced the power of the Unions, because they were always on strike for any reason they could think of. Plus the 'right to buy' which I did.
Major - Tory, also a bit of a twat.
Blair - Labour, I think because people were then tired of the Tories, and he was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, and got us into a war to please the Yanks. That didn't end well.
Brown - Labour, also known as 'the one eyed Scottish idiot', who was useless.
Cameron - Tory, not much better either.
May - Tory, got in by default because Cameron threw the towel in.

So I have survived many PM's, some I don't remember much about because I was too young, and couldn't really care less, booze and girls were more important.... ;D

Basically, I don't like any parties, so I vote Tory, only because I want to piss off Labour, and other weak political parties.

I'll get me coat............ :bolt:  ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
There you go, you see? The Daily Fail and the Scum are rags who are devoted to keeping the Tories in power, for their own ends, not yours. Murdoch wanted out of the EU, as they wouldn't do what he told them to, unlike the British government, who'd do whatever he said, through fear of being dissed in his rags and TV networks. He actually said as much, too.

https://www.indy100.com/article/this-terrifying-rupert-murdoch-quote-is-possibly-the-best-reason-to-stay-in-the-eu-yet--WyMaFTE890x

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingdom/comments/47ot25/murdoch_on_eu_when_i_go_into_downing_street_they/

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/anthony-hilton-stay-or-go-the-lack-of-solid-facts-means-it-s-all-a-leap-of-faith-a3189151.html

So, they'll print disparaging crap about everyone else, especially their biggest threats. i.e. Jeremy Corbyn. They'll print their dodgy crap about Corbyn and Abbot, particularly, as Abbot's an easy target, being black, and Corbyn, too, as he's a nice guy, who doesn't retaliate.

Those rags will only print what they want you to believe. Same with the Times, which is under the same umbrella as the Scum.

Why do they keep privatising stuff? Not for our benefit, for sure. The profits from the railways are going abroad, for the most part. To the EU! :) The Post Office? Who gets the benefit of their profits? You? Me? 'course not. It all goes to the bloody Tories and their chums. Do you, yourself, REALLY believe that's the way things should be?

So, sure, if you want to keep the power in the hands of people like those, keep voting Tory and keep voting Leave. You vote for the toffs, if you want to. Me? Ill keep voting for human beings who genuinely CARE. :)

If we could only get rid of the bloody Brairites, Labour would be wonderful...

Thatcher once said that her greatest creation was Tony Blair.

That tells you something.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 18, 12:55 PM by Kat »

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Agreed....but I just vote Conservative, as I feel I should cast my vote - as Tesco says, 'Every little helps'.... ;D
Apart from that it is my duty to vote, and people can either say 'It's all your fault', 'or thanks', I don't really care because any Government is bound to bring me grief, no matter what side they are on.

I signed up to the DM, got slung out, and then the Sun, because it is a bit of fun for me (yeah I know I have a sad life), and I can post my views, which either people agree with, or call me rude names that they can get away with, if they disagree.

I haven't signed up to the Guardian, because I doubt my blood pressure pills would be able to cope.... ;D

The media always support one side of the other, and do their best to slag off the other side.
I don't really worry about it, because I don't care that much, and even if I did it would not change anything at all.

So many Companies these days are owned by foreign peoples, like Germany, France, Spain, Arabs, India etc., so I think the only thing going that we can do, is the financial area of things, which the bankers are very happy about, because of the high salaries, perks, and bullshyte.

Then there is this global warming/climate change lark, that gets people to fly all around the world for conferances........have they not heard of Skype ?  ;D

To make any real changes, the whole world would have to join in, not just a few countries who find it a good wheeze to increase taxes, to fill their coffers.
I can't imagine countries like Africa, China, Middle East, Indonnesia, and many many more who give a flying shyte about all the rubbish they produce and chuck into the sea.

According to Google Earth, the UK is just a titchy bit of an island, and me putting an old used plastic carrier bag into the wrong bin, is going to raise the temperature by some 5 degrees, and it's all my fault ?
Nope, with hopes that it will give me another heat wave next summer, and I won't have to run the central heating so much in the winter time..... ;D

It's like the scientists that forecast another ice age in the 1970's sometime, and that worked out just as they predicted eh ?
Nope, not a bit of it.

However I digress (I am good at that), and will just have to carry on trying to get by with whoever gets into power in the next general election, and hope for the best as always.... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
I s'pose things are different, oop here, in t'north. The Tory heroine, Thatcher, closed all the industries, here. So, there's no work. That was her plan, too. She actually wanted to put everyone out of work. Why? No unions. No unions=less votes for Labour. People in former coalfield and other communities, such as those, voted to leave after decades of wealth, jobs and opportunities had been sucked out of these communities. They wanted to give Scameron and Osborne the slap they deserved.

The new election boundaries? Less votes for Labour. They want this to be a one-party state, like North Korea. They'd love this place to be like that. It'd give them unlimited power and wealth. They'd privatise EVERYTHING and who'll be the ones making all the profits, from that? THEM!

Leave the EU? Of course they want us out of the EU (Even though it was them that took us in, in the first place). Fewer rights, for us. Less laws protecting us. They can ride roughshod over everyone not of their ilk.

To demonstrate...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/minister-sarah-newton-dwp-good-housekeeping_uk_5bc8d34de4b0a8f17eea61eb?e8&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

The rich (Media bosses) want it this way, too, and for the same reasons. They don't care about US! They care about themselves and just use their readers/viewers to get their own way and people keep falling for it! Tell you something... I'm glad I'm getting old, now. With any luck I'll be dead and gone, before the real effects of this Brexit bollox hits. My big-breasted pseudo-daughter's off to Canada, when she can. If I was younger and fitter, I'd join her, too.

This thing about plastic that's going on... Too late! We've fucked the place up and there really is fuck all we can do, to put things right.

[Private Fraser mode]

Maybe it's just as well, ay? ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 18, 11:15 AM by Kat »

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
I sort of agree with a lot you say, and the battle between 'them' and 'us' has always been that way.
When I worked for a corrugated box Company back in the 1970'-80's, a Union Rep came round to see our Boss, to talk about us workers having a Union membership.
When they were discussing pay rates, the Boss told him that we were all getting paid more than that, so I doubt we would want to join a Union.

We didn't, especially as I had a hard enough time in the 70's with Unions out on strike all the time.......dock's on strike, car workers,  transport workers on strike, funerals, coal men, rubbish collections, shortages of gas and electricity, (have to go the the gas and electric shops to see a notice of when the fuels would be on or off and times in our area), and all the other strikes constantly going on..............until Maggie turned up..... ;D
We had to make our deliveries in unmarked lorries in the early hours of the mornings to try to get through the pickets. Places like Goodmans, Black & Decker and other well known Companies.
 They were not happy days, and luckily we rarely get strikes any more these days.

I worry more about the future here with all these blasted moozlumz, invading, breeding like rabbits, living here in a totally unsuitable country for food, religion, and laws, which they want to change to bring the country under shariashitty law, behead us infidels, whip, shoot and stone women for the slightest infringement of their laws, and all the other wonderful things this barbaric religion brings with it.

Todays politicians I can just about live with, even if they do encourage these bunch of morons, but not standing up to them, because they are afraid of offending them, but, if they get their way, then our politicians will be for the chop........literally.

Oopps, off on one of my rants again.... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
You mean they're doing exactly what we did...  ;D

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Only when in a bad mood.... ;D  :bolt: