Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Feb 19, 19, 04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104263
  • Total Topics: 11554
  • Online Today: 15
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Themes

Author Topic: I decided after about a month or so, to boot up Win10..  (Read 90 times)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
I applied some software updates, no MS ones were shown, so decided to give it a try for the day, unless it pissed me off........so far so good.
However, I have found that when I click on say this forum, an online 'news' site, YT, Gmail, and outlook mail, I found that they all logged on without fuss, and if I had to sign in again, it did so instantly, which surprised me.

Mainly because when on Win7, on the daily boot up, and clicking on the same sites, I usually have to sign in again, and have to go through the email and password lark every time, and sometimes it says the email/password is wrong, then have to look up the email and password on all the note pads for sites, to enter the details again.
I have a whole lot of note pads with details of various sites, and if I get screwed and have to reset my password, then if it gets accepted, then I update its note pad.

Win 7 seems to have with both IE and Chrome a habit of forgetting my passwords, and on Chrome I have to go to the settings, and scroll down all the sites listed to check the details again, and if refused, then I delete the details, and then have to set up a new user name and password.........tis a pain in the botty....

I then sign it, and get accepted and get the usual box of 'do you want to save this password', and of course hit 'yes'.

I mean these sites on Win 7 will work all day, and then the next day some have forgotten them, and I have to go through the whole bloody sign in business again.
Sometimes it says 'sign in' and I ignore it, but can still post comments on that site, and dare not click on the 'sign in' in case I have the whole bloody sign in mess again.

So I was pleasantly pleased and surprised, that signing in on to sites was easy peasy using Win 10, even after not using it for some time.

It's a bit like Win98 or SE, that shutting down at night, I never knew if it would boot up and work properly the next morning...... ;D

I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Casper the Ghost

• I wonder what this button does . . . . .
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Livin on the Dark Side
Re: I decided after about a month or so, to boot up Win10..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 18, 08:15 PM »
Just think now all the details of the pron sites visited are being shared all over the world by the sneaky abomination that is W10!  :wave1:
Now what should I put here?? Let me have a think.....

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 18, 11:31 AM »
Yep, and  don't like all the crap that comes bundled with it.
I don't have an X Bone, but can't get rid of the option.
I don't use mobile phones, so I don't need the contacts and all the other annoying crap that goes with it.
I don't use Skype.
I have no use for Cortana or Cloud, as I have plenty of ssd's to store stuff on.
Because if no internet for some reason, then I would not be able to access anything stored on cloud.
When in stalling it, I have to go through all the fekking apps to uninstall them if Windows will let me.

I only use the OS for playing some games, and one game online (which W10 screws up and makes it jerky), email, banking, surfing, doing some 'research' on some web sites, watching TV shows/films on YT, and be a nuisance on some forums.  ;D

I also use my Toshiba (crappy) laptop in bed in the evenings, and mornings, and that annoys me because it can take some 2-3 seconds before full screen shows up, or when I close it..using button or Esc.

Glad to see you still about Casper, and have a pleasant Christmas to you and yours.... ;D :hat3:

I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 18, 09:48 PM »
You can get some good tips on the way W10's going, on the ghacks site, is they're of any use.

https://www.ghacks.net/category/windows

Black viper's site's still going strong, too.

http://www.blackviper.com

We used to refer to is site, a lot, back in the RSU/PotheadPixie days.