Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Mar 21, 19, 01:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104298
  • Total Topics: 11558
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Themes

Author Topic: Vista ultimate 64bit...  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
Re: Vista ultimate 64bit...
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 18, 04:54 PM »
A game that I liked way back was Fallout 3, came out in 2008. That weirdly runs better in W10 than it did on WP and W7.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #26 on: Dec 15, 18, 05:48 PM »
I like to play a game called Company of Heroes which I think came out in 2006, and put it on Steam.
I used to play just fine and dandy around this time last year, but because of MS interference aka updates, it is quite jerky to play. Just played it today, and it is still jerky, and not so much fun to play as on Win 7.
I find the graphics, and model quality of the vehicles and troops to be pretty damn good for an old game too.

Most of my games are a bit ancient, and dating back to about 1999/2000 with UT99, plus the follow on series.
I originately played it on dial up on Line One, and that was ...fun  ;D
I also have most of the Command and Conquer series, Half Life, BF1-2-3 (when I gave up due to no AI SP play, no internet meant no play, and couldn't see it either or give it away, and the BF community could not make mods for it either), Crysis 1 and 2, and many others that rarely get a look in now.
I would try to install them on Win 7, but not Win 10.
Funny that UT99 would play just fine on Win7, but some of the other games in the series would not install properly, not all, but some.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Casper the Ghost

• I wonder what this button does . . . . .
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Livin on the Dark Side
« Reply #27 on: Dec 15, 18, 08:18 PM »
I'm still running on Vista Ultimate on my main laptop and although it is not running as good as it should be because the hard drives are groaning under all the stuff I have loaded on them over the years.

Vista just didn't work for many people but at least it developed into W7, which is still very, very good.

So that makes two of still using Vista then.  :wave1:
Now what should I put here?? Let me have a think.....

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 18, 11:21 AM »
Yup, against all advice and death threats, I liked Vista Ultimate 64bit, as it ran very well for me, but unfortunately the hdd I had it installed on I gave away in a PC to son no.1, where it got wiped.... :(
I did try installing it recently, which went ok until I tried to find drivers for it to work on my new motherboard, chipset etc.....so gave up.

I would still run it (I think) today if I could get it working properly and still have the two discs (32+64bit) in its case, and it was the first OS I bought, as all the previous ones were 'donated' to me..... ;D
I am glad to be in your club Caspi..... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.