Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 19, 18, 11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 103901
  • Total Topics: 11512
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 127
  • (Nov 02, 12, 06:30 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Themes

Author Topic: Vista ultimate 64bit...  (Read 82 times)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Vista ultimate 64bit...
« on: Oct 06, 18, 11:47 AM »
Being as the weather is a bit crap, for fun I shoved in a spare HDD and installed Vista on it.
That went ok, but, I am not sure what drivers to use for it, because my current motherboard only has drivers back to 8.1, so no Vista.
Yeah I know you all hate it, but I found it to be just fine for every day use..... ;D

I have the installation disc for the X58 board Vista used to be run on, but of course all the drivers on that were for that board.
So I need LAN (to get on the internet), audio, chipset, and any other drivers that I have forgotten about.

Anyone any ideas, or should I just give up on this little experiment to revive my old mate....Vista..... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
Re: Vista ultimate 64bit...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 18, 10:44 AM »
Update..........plan scrapped, and have formatted and installed windows 10 on it...again.....fingers crossed.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 18, 10:33 AM »
Bit late, now... But, I'd imagine that manufacturer's websites are your best bet, if Windoze update can't find 'em.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:27 AM »
Well, I couldn't figure out how to get some LAN drivers so that I could at least get on the internet for some searching.
Gigabyte only has drivers for Win 7 upwards.
Forgetting at the time, that I had some Vista drivers stored on my ext USB drive, but not sure if they would work or not.
I may just try again when the weather is crap outside, and am a bit bored.... ;D

So I gave up and thought I would try a fresh install of Win 10, which sort of went well, but all the passwords I had stored would not work on MS Outlook, Google, YT, and some other forums, so I had to keep resetting passwords, noted them, then the next day on start up, Windows had forgotten most of them, and I had to start again.
So I have reverted back to Win 7 for daily use, and boot up Win 10 now and again just to see if it still works...... ;D

I used to like Win 10 until around December/January new updates screwed it all up.
A game I play ran like treacle, whereas before it ran perfectly.
I had it cloned on to two other drives, and when I went to use them, I found that they were an exact mirror of each other, and wouldn't fekking work properly either.
I also had icons on the desktop shortcuts to various programmes, and sod all happened when I clicked on them to run..............I checked, all the programmes were installed, but none would run.

That is when I threw a wobbly and booted up Win 7 and formatted all Win 10 drives, and bye bye Win10............until very recently.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 12:33 PM »
The more I experience of W10, the more glad I am that I stuck with W7.  :juice:

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:13 PM »
Exactly my feelings..... ;D

I think I used to run Vista on an Abit motherboard, who went bust.
Then I changed to Gigabyte on an X58 motherboard, and I doubt they have any driver support either since the board is obsolete.

I might have a shufty about sometime if I get bored with the rain pissing down outside, so it will be cold, wet and miserable.

Yep, I have Win 7 on 3 different drives now, and Win 10 on another......the only problem with all of them, except the one I am running now, is that they keep forgetting my passwords (except Lloyds bank which they do), to forums, MS Outlook and Gmail, and have to keep inventing more and more passwords when I have to reset them..........even though I have them stored on Notebook.
So I just run this drive until I have the energy and patience to boot them up, and reset passwords...........again !.
Bah humbug....

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:12 AM »
I have W10 on my lappy. I rarely ever use it, now. Not that Android's a lot better, although I use that via a VPN and it's quite funny, watching all the Google stuff trying to access the internet, when it's totally blocked from doing so...

>:D