Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 17, 19, 09:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104583
  • Total Topics: 11593
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Themes

Author Topic: Something to be aware of.  (Read 437 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
Something to be aware of.
« on: Dec 14, 18, 12:21 PM »
Do you leave your keys inside your front door?

If you do, make sure the door's locked.

Thieves are going around, opening doors, stealing people's keys and making off with their cars.

'course, if you have a Yale type lock, this won't apply.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: Something to be aware of.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 18, 12:12 PM »
Yeah, I have heard of this lark by the stupids.
But, my car key and front door key are always in my trouser/jacket pocket, and the master spare car key is upstairs in my 'man cave' on a hook, so I do't lose it.. :)

A shelf by the front door would not work, because there is a glass panel along side it on the left (from inside), and some feet away is just coat hooks, where quite a few jackets and a coat hang, which are rarely used, as I just about use the same jacket all the time, until it falls apart with use, and then have to choose another favourite.
I am very stylish.....:)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 18, 11:32 PM »
I don't leave keys in doors & my car keys are in my handbag in my bedroom in the wardrobe;
it's people not locking doors in the house leading to the garage, thinking that they're safe.
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 18, 02:46 PM »
'tis a shame, coz they were proud of their "Never have to lock the doors" ethos, here. Pity some grockles have spoilt that.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 18, 09:33 PM »
Yes, never had to lock doors when we were young, people taught their kids discipline when we were young.  ::)
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 18, 11:20 AM »
Ah yes, some now say it never happened, but where I lived my front and back kitchen doors were never locked, in fact I didn't know where the keys were either..
The same as our neighbours.

But I grew up in 50's and upwards and onwards (only 4 years in 1949), to me life was easier, and we kids were free to go out and roam about on the beaches and woods nearby, walk everywhere, but sometimes used a bus if we had some pennies, and reached further afield when I was given a 2nd hand push bike.
Not so much traffic and some charabancs roaming about the place during summer time.... :)
A local Doctor could be called out if we got injured etc.and the only thing we had to worry about was Diphtheria, mumps, and the usual chicken pox and measles, and perhaps later on the Thalidomide disaster for some familes.
Of course I have the small scar in my arm from the injections against most things that we all got.

Of course there was crime, and the only worry back then was Teddy Boys, and perhaps the skin heads and mods and rockers casing some mayhem.
But now mainly in the cities we have vicious druggy gangs, cretins on scooters robbing shops and people, and quite a few imports hell bent on accepting the freebies of our houses and taxes, but plotting to stab, shoot, run over and blow up innocents who have the wrong religion, because it is not the 'right' one...

If I could go back to the 50'60's and a more peaceful way of life, I would......but then, I was only seeing that life through the eyes of a child and then a teenager............but, happy days... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 18, 09:18 PM »
Julie and I live out in the wilds of Carmarthenshire and still don't feel the need to lock everything up.

The garage is usually left unlocked, though if we go away by train the car gets parked close to the door.

When we are in the house the front door is left unlocked, only locking it from inside when we are in bed or in the train shed.

The postman and regular delivery services know where to leave things if we are not in and we know that they will be there when we return.

We love living in the country and feel safe there.
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 18, 09:44 PM »
We're rural, too. It's the bloody grockles.  :-\

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 18, 11:43 AM »
Grockles, yep many of them live here.
Some have been evicted from houses on the Mainland, and get shoved over here to get them out of the way, hence crime has risen.
But apart from that, I wouldn't live any where else, even if I won tons of money on the Lottery, and could afford the ferry fares there and back to England..... ;D
I have trading estates, the towns for shopping, and short journeys to beaches and countrysides to explore and enjoy..........except when these bloody things  :cvan: turn up in the summer time.... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 18, 01:22 PM »
We have the odd Pole, here. Not many, though. The two girls who help us clean up are Polish and, as mentioned elsewhere, they're rather scrummy. They can move-in permanently, if they want.  ;D

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 18, 11:02 AM »
 ;D...Yep we have some Polish families here, and used to meet one chap - plumber- when I used to deliver to building sites/customer houses, when I worked for Plumb Centre many years ago.
He was a very nice chap, very pleasant, and nice to know.
The others I met were girls working in Hotels, cafe's etc. that I met either off duty or doing deliveries.
I have a petrol lawn mower, that refused to start a year after the last summer, had it repaired costing my 60, and still wouldn't bloody work, well, occasionally it did start but would splutter to a stop. Something to do with a vacuum in the petrol tank, even though the 'repair shop' had made the hole a bit bigger.
Anyway, since I have moved house since I last used it, I didn't really need a big petrol mower, so put it up for sale locally for 60, and a polish couple came round to buy it. He was nice, with limited English (not a problem), but the wife/perhaps girlfriend was a bit of a looker, with tight jeans and V shaped top of which the contents were most pleasing to the eye, and flogged it to them.
A happy visit for me all round.........and at least I got the repair cost back.... ;D

Got a room ready for these girls, when they are ready to move in then Kat ?.......... >:D :gig:

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 18, 10:15 AM »
They've just arrived...  :smilie_rolli_1:

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 18, 11:07 AM »
Pictures, or it is in just one of your dreams..... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 19, 11:14 AM »
That'd be pervy...