Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Feb 16, 19, 05:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104263
  • Total Topics: 11554
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 141
  • (Oct 30, 18, 08:49 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Themes

Author Topic: Oi! Baron!  (Read 201 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: Oi! Baron!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 19, 11:17 AM »
 ;D didn't make a comment.. ;D

It's all gone to crap now anyway, and to make matters worse, if there is a General Election called and corbyn gets in, the we are really screwed... :o

Just wondering if the referendum vote had gone the other way and the 'remain in the EU had won,  would the Leave campaigners have meddled and caused such a fuss and called for a second one because we didn't win ?
I doubt it, as we would have just settled for our fate, and got on with life.... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 19, 12:06 PM »
You really prefer the party that gave us foodbanks, has reduced the old age pension, for the most vulnerable old people and removed the free TV licenses for over 75s, has Andrea Leadsom as a member, has introduced Universal credit, which has killed people and actually cost TWO BILLION more, most of which went to ATOS/Capita, &c? Has privatised the railways, which has cost and is costing us WAY more than BR ever did, so that their chums and foreign governments can make pots of dosh out of us?

You genuinely prefer that to Labour? I suppose you do, as you read the Tory press...

I've actually met Mr. C. You know what I noticed, most? He LISTENS to people. He doesn't keep pushing in, to get his voice heard. He really does sit and listen! Can you tell me of ANY other politician who does that?

Ever since Fatcher, the Tories have espoused "Victorian values". Sounds terribly romantic. But, how did the common people live, back then? In servitude to their masters, or living in the gutter.

Foodbanks prove that they're well on their way. If reducing the population can be regarded as a good thing, then you really MUST vote for them. But it's you and me that'll go first, along with anyone else who doesn't have a few million tucked away. (That's slightly metaphorical, as I might not be around much longer, anyway, but you get my point, I hope).

The Tory media (Including the BEEB, who have been proven to have a Tory bias) have been spinning you a yarn and you've totally fallen for it, I'm afraid.

Still, could be worse. It could be Christmas. ;)

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 19, 06:46 PM »
I think food banks were introducted when the Government was under the impression, that there were many poor people who could not afford to buy food, even basic things that can be bought for 1 in Poundland. So probably spend their dosh on drugs, booze, parties, and feed their children on crisps, and other junk food (I like my Walkers cheese and onion though  :yup:), and then claim they have no money for food.

I thought they were only thinking about removing the 75+ TV licences ?

I must admit I have a browse through the online press of the Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, to post my wise comments and see what is happening these days. It's a bit of fun whilst I drink my mug of coffee and some shortbread biccies....and don't have a clue which side they support, and is only there to publish my wise views..... :)

Yep times were hard back in the olden days, and at least many jobs even with crap pay, and yes, the rich got richer, much the same as they have done under any Government in history, and we have had a mix of Conservatives, Labour, Lib-Dems and morons.

I always believe the BBC has a lefty bias, judging by the programmes I see on iPlayer, which most seem to be riddled with PC crap, dire comedy shows complete with a lot of frubbocking, and very little that appeals to me. There is the occasional decent film though.

Perhaps corbyn does sit and listen to you or others, but does it go in one ear and then out the other, and the result is just a lot of 'Yes, I agree, it is terrible, and I will do something about it(maybe)'...

Luckily I am not on this UC thingy, as I and wife are on the State Pension so don't have a clue what UC is about, and since it doesn't affect us, I am not sure that I really care...

But, this is all just politics, and I can vote in Elections, and apart from that there is nothing I can do about it but complain, laugh, and scratch my baldy bonce in disbelief and what is going on.  ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 19, 08:24 PM »
I thought they were only thinking about removing the 75+ TV licences ?

'swot I sed, innit?  :P

The thing about foodbanks and people buying other stuff, instead, could be avoided by using food stamps, or summat.

Yeah, Mr. C. not only listened, but made remarks which proved that he'd understood and asked relevant questions, too. Auntie BEEB has people like Marr, who's a paid-up Tory party member, that Paddy arse, who runs the ultra right-wing Spectator and Keunsberg, who's actually related to Scameron. The current chancellor is involved in company that mad something like 1.6 BILLION in profiys, last year. Paid something like 25p in tax. Big companies have had their corporation tax lowered, again and again. Do they pass that on, to their customers? Meh. Austerity for us, yet they could prevent that, by taxing the big boys, properly. They don't, because wankers like Rees-Mogg, with his hedge funda are ministers.

You thing that's fair? You think that's right? Like far too many people of our age, you remember Scargill, Hatton and those hard lefties of the seventies. Yes, they were awful. But, despite what the Tory media keeps saying, Corbyn's NOT hard left. He IS a communist, if you use the correct meaning of the term. As, indeed, am I. We all work for each other and for our common good. But, coz of Russia and China, people think communism is what they used. They didn't. They used a greatly perverted version, which sucks.

Think what right-wing is... Fascism. Survival of the fittest. Screw you, I'm doing great! Think Adolph, Mussolini, Farage, Franco, Rees Mogg and their ilk. I don't lik e you and I want what you have, so I'll kill you.

"The disabled, the sick and their like are using their money! Let's kill them off. But, before we do that, let's privatise the NHS, so we can make a profit out of the bastards, first!".

You REALLY want people like that to be in power?

Have a look at this, mate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Read that and tell me that the Tories are wonderful...

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 19, 02:00 PM »
"and removed the free TV licenses for over 75s"...........I must have misread that.... :)

I don't agree about JRM, as I think he is a good egg, knows what he is talking about, is calm and knowledgeable with his replies, takes flak aimed at him, and replies calmly and puts them in their place. Yep he is rich, only because he knows what he is talking about and can do the job. But then I suspect their any many MP's on all sides who are also worth a bob or three... :)

I am not sure about the facism bit, but I prefer that form to corbyn's communistic and fondness for being friends wit current/ex terrorist activities.

Life has never been that simple for the not so well off under the Government and their rules, i.e. us, but as long as I keep getting my weekly State Pension, and my small monthly RAF Pension.

Two doors down from me is a rather obese bloke with many tat's (which probably aren't cheap, but had them for some time), and his rather porky wife, with one girl child. He has a motobility Merc (a nice big saloon) so I believe gets free car insurance, servicing, maintenance, breakdown cover, and only has to pay for the fuel. She has a soft top two seater Peugeot sports car, so I guess they only have to pay the costs on the one car of hers. When he occasionally comes out of the house and goes somewhere, he manages this without a walking stick. He also has a disabled space marked off outside his house too. Since it is a Housing Association 3 bed house like mine, I wonder how much rent and Council Tax he has to pay out. I get some housing benefit and a small reduction on Council Tax, but every April I the rent and the Council Tax goes up, and I get a small increase in the Pensions, which means I 'earn' more, so get a further reduction in Housing and Council Tax benefits. The Government giveth in one hand, and taketh away in the other. Last year I was 0.39 better off per month............lucky me !

So to me life is not all that fair, as I worked for some 48 years to get my RAF and State Pensions, and I doubt this fat bloke has ever worked, or maybe a few jobs, and spend his money on pies and chips to get a free merc saloon for his troubles..
Bitter ? Yup, a little, but that's life........ ;D

I still think we are doomed if corbyn and addled abbot ever get into power, but sod all I can do about it, except live with the consequences if it ever happens, as he has the charisma of a rather smelly cow pat.... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 19, 02:43 PM »
OFFS... Corbyn's never been friends with that lot! Before the start of a meeting, he said something like "Let's all get around a table, our Hamas friends, our Israeli friends, and discuss this, instead of blowing each others brains out". It was a peace attempt and he started by kinda saying "Let's all be friends". The Tory press, of course, dug that out of the archives, and, many years after the event, put it all in isolation, totally out of context.

People believe their crap and that's what keeps them in power. They want puppets who'll believe this rubbish, without question. "Oh, I read it in The Scum and the Daily Fail, so it must be true. Bollox. It's what they want you to believe. Truth has fuck all to do with it.

It's not a conspiracy theory, this. This is conspiracy FACT. I know this to be true, because I've been in places, where these rags have done reports and their reports have had absolutely no basis in fact. I know, coz I was there! I saw and heard what went on.

Take recent happenings... Tory lovers have been saying that Corbyn refused to take part in cross party talks, about Fuxit. That is a blatant lie, coz he's been suggesting that all this should be cross party right from the beginning!

Yes, he's refusing, now, because they won't guarantee to ban the idea of No Deal. OK, so let's get this right: May offers talks. Corbyn says "Remove No Deal threat, then we talk". Within an hour, Hammond rings 330 businesspeople and promises to remove the No Deal threat because May faces revolt in Cabinet. But Corbyn is the "wrecker"? Tories are lying through their teeth. That's OK, is it?

Now, JRM says no deal would be wonderful. Well, yeah, it would be, for him. As I said, he's moved all his hooky dealings to the fucking EU that he wants out of! Two-faced arse. But, again, you know of him what the Tory media wants you to know, that he''s all sweet and fluffy and all that crap.

There's a reason he looks like Himmler...

Tell ya what... Next time your in the newsagent's, or the local supermarket, get yourself a copy of Private eye.  That'll shock you.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 19, 03:18 PM by Kat »

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 19, 11:17 AM »
By the way, Jane saw this, on Fartbook...

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 19, 12:47 PM »
Yep, life will be so much more wonderful for us all with him and addled abbot running the country.............into the ground......... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 19, 03:03 PM »
As I said, however, Abbot is not as the media portrays her. They really ripped her to shreds, on QT, the other night. Even to the point that Fiona Bruce had been telling jokes about her, during the warm-up and kept interrupting her, yet not interrupting the Tory. They also said that some of the facts that Abbot had mentioned were false, even though they were perfectly correct.

BBC? Impartial?

Yeah, so's that twat Farage.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 19, 05:46 PM »
Well, it was unusual because the audiences of the show are usually labour and lefties, who boo and conservatives, and clap like maniacs at whatever a labour supporter says, and usually anti Brexit.
I have seen interviews with abbot on YT, and they didn't go well, as per the budget for policing. Yes, the defence was that she was nearly at deaths door with a cold or something, but she can't be ill on all the radio phone ins or interviews ?

We must agree to disagree with politics as like religion, it brings people into butting heads, and I just do not want to do that with you mate.. :)
I try to stay out of conversations about politics/religions, because no one wants to listens to what I have to say anyway, and cannot change anything either... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 19, 07:11 PM »
You're right, of course. :)

It's divisions, like this, that Farage and his stormtroopers play. I just want to try and understand why anyone would want to vote for a party that's done and is doing such awful things. I can only assume, as I've mentioned, that people read the press and listen to the media and blindly believe everything they see and hear.

That REALLY worries me, as these institutions don't give a shit about us, really. They just want us to vote for things that benefit them, themselves, and make things up, to achieve their own ends. The fact that people fall for that is, for me, deeply worrying, as the personality trait that I absolutely abhor and always have done, is lying. It seems that the cheats and liars are winning and that, frankly, terrifies me. Personally, it doesn't really matter, coz they'll put me in a box all too soon. But, what kind of country will I leave, for my huge-breasted pseudo-daughter? She has a great job and looks set to get an even better one, soon. Funnily enough, it'll be for an ombudsman that keeps checks on what the government's up to, which could be phun.

I know all this has split people and even families are at war, over Brexit. I'm getting really fucked off with all this "Will of the people" bollox, that they keep using, too. Will of the people? It might be the will of 52% of the people who voted. But, a lot of people were wrongly prevent from voting and I'd bet my house that a second referendum would be in favour of remaining by a much bigger gap.

Even if the result is the same, by  the same amount, it's not the will of the people. It's only the will of half the people and this could result in civil war, this.

Not between me and you, though, my old mucker. We've known each other for far too long and been through some battles of our own (Tulula comes to mind).

So, I'll still love ya, whatever happens, you Tory git. ;)

BTW, I might not be able to stay in contact, for long. The government have stopped my ESA, for no explained reason, and rejected my application for PIP. So, my income will be precisely fuck all. So, paying for an internet connection is gonna prove too expensive, for me, when the contract needs renewing. :(

Because of this, I can understand why people want to get to Westminster and kill people. If I could come by an Uzi and physically manage to get there, I'd take out Rudd, McVey, Gove and whoever else got in the way. After all, if someone's trying to kill me, don't I have a right to try and stop them?

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 19, 11:25 AM »
I tend to agree with you on some things, well quite a few really, but I have lived through many Governments since Churchill, Attlee, Churchill, Eden etc., and all of them have screwed us one way or another.
I can cast my vote, as I feel it is my duty, as at least then I feel qualified to moan about just about anything.... :)
Sorry, I have never much liked Labour, and especially Wilson who got the TSR2 scrapped, and all of its remains, as the yanks interfered so we ended up buying their Phantoms in the end.
I only voted for the Conservatives, because I distrust Labour and the like more than them.

But, I have to live under which ever Government is voted in, by the people, and that is that. But the referendum which to me is the same as a General Election, has been meddled with for mainly the greed of some MP's who see their forecast cushy jobs in the EU going down the pan. It is the same people who voted in the Election, as the ones who voted in the referendum, and suddenly those who voted OUT were ignorant and ill informed about what they voted for..... :)

Sorry about your ESA and PIP disasters, and I can fully understand why you are bitter, as I have had a run in or three over the years with the authorities.
I wish I could help you out, but unfortunately I haven't won the Lottery yet............any of them... :)

Well, good luck mate, and as you say we have known each other for many years now, and many times you have helped me out, especially on the Windows front and sometimes software............I think.  :)
Please post it you have to disconnect from the internet, hopefully temporarily ?

Good luck,
Roy

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 19, 12:15 PM »
I will, for sure. :)

Get a copy of Private Eye, if you can. It tells us all about the shady dealing that the government gets up to, and all parties, along with councils, big boz people and the like. It'll make your toes curl.

Not many of them get sued for libel, either.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/news

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 19, 01:51 PM »
Hmmm, I have watched Ian Hislop many times on HIGNFY, and am still not sure about him. Apart from that, I think the programme has gone down hill, and seems to be littered wit new unfunny comedians, and I think the fun has gone from it now.