Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 19, 02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104590
  • Total Topics: 11593
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Themes

Author Topic: Bastards  (Read 234 times)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
Re: Bastards
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 19, 10:51 AM »
Indeed, and I already use UBlock Origin in my fight against bloody adverts and stuff.
I don't care about people snooping on FB, as I rarely use it, and my profile is full of crap from the drop down menus offered.
I use YT...a lot, but my 'blockers' usually kill adverts.
I signed up to twatter years and years ago, but got bored and have never used it since.
I have seen 'doubleclick' which usually means the web site wants to send me off to some other website or something?
Adobe I only use for .pdf files.

I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 19, 01:21 PM »
I have zero security software, with this old Opera v12. Never get any hassles. With Vivaldi, I have ublock, ublock origin and fuck knows what.

Beware Ghostery. If you didn't know about that, it actually spies on you and sells the data to other companies, whilst claiming to be a big privacy tool. https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/9xlblt/about_ghostery/

I killed off Adobe, coz of it's bloat. I use a great little portable called "Sumatra" for reading pdf shit.

https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/free-pdf-reader.html WAY better'n Adobe's shite. :)

Doubleclick's Google, doing it's usual spying tricks. Officially, it's been retired, but all they're doing, really, is changing the name. Their cookies can be a bastard to get rid of, too, in some browsers.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 19, 01:24 PM by Kat »

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 19, 06:02 PM »
I do use Ghostery, but didn't know that it is a bit dodgy.... :o
For security I just use the MS MSE thingy, which gets daily updates to its data base....I believe........I just click it to update.... :)
Yeah Adobe is a bit bloaty, and I am pretty sure I have a simple alternative in 'store', and I have heard of Sumatra, so I might give that a go, as a lot of my 'armoury, is some years old now... :(
I usually use Chrome.....I used to use IE, but that sometimes has troubles which is annoying, and only now use it for banking and a couple of other things, as I don't want to let Chrome anywhere near those sites..... ;D
It's not as if IE is brilliant (I also use Win7...as I hate Edge on Win 10, and stay away from that too), but prefer Chrome..
Oh, I looked at the task manager, and the list of Chrome apps in use, is about a mile long!!... :o

Thanks for the tips..... :)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 19, 06:41 PM »
If you like Chrome, try Vivaldi. You'll love it.

Honest.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 19, 06:55 PM »
I might just give that one a try.
I have tried in the past Firefox, Opera, and one or two others, but some how didn't use them again after a fresh install, which was last year, or maybe the year before....:)
I always clone the main OS onto a separate ssd, to try to avoid a fresh install.
Thanks again..... :hat3:

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 19, 07:14 PM »
That's one of the reasons I stuck with Opera v12. To all intents, it's portable, so it'll work, e-mails and all, even after a reinstall of Winderz.

:)

They want to include a mail client, in Vivaldi, when they get around to it.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 19, 06:53 PM »
Interesting.......cheers. :hat3: