Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 19, 02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104590
  • Total Topics: 11593
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 167
  • (Mar 31, 19, 11:42 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Themes

Author Topic: Oi Bogley what are you up to  (Read 418 times)

Offline Derek

• Being a nuisance
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 45
    • Myonlinesecurity
Oi Bogley what are you up to
« on: Apr 07, 19, 12:03 PM »
What has the Good Doctor done to be caught with his pants down "buffing the banana "

Some body has proof of him doing it & attached it to the email. But I need to pay $100 to get the password to open the zip & see ol bogly buttocks in his full glory
https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/big-change-in-the-plague-of-blackmail-sextortion-scam-attempts/
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 19, 02:59 PM by Derek »

Offline Obblie

• The Cat Astrophe
  • Landlord
  • Bogle Points: 50
  • Kissy kissy...
Re: Oi Bogley what are you up to
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 19, 01:19 PM »
I believe that the proof of what that old scrote has been up to is already in the public domain  :tosser:

Good information there Derek  :hat3:
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone". John Maynard Keynes

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 19, 05:49 PM »
Ha, ha, oh dear Obblie:o  ;D
Mind you chaps, I am and old cynic, and immediately treat emails like this as a scam.

I do have a look to see what is wanted, and it is usually for me to pay much , in order to get much more into my bank account.
Or a phone call from BT telling me my internet is going to be cut off within 48 hrs or something, if I don't dial 1 to keep it switched on.
The trouble with that though, is that it is a 'Murican' robo voice, and my ISO has a local office, and no Yanks employed, just good 'ole English people without an India/Pakistani accent, telling me that their name is Brian, Alex etc.

Usually the same people that phone me to take a survey, and I just call them Gupta or if female Shreya or something, just to annoy them when they keep asking me questions.
That is on a good day, other times I tell them I am a burglar or I have just died.
Plus lots of other fun and games (to me anyway) to annoy them, since I didn't phone them, so doesn't go on my bill... :)

I don't use a BT land land for phone or internet, I use my local ISP where I am connected with fibre optic cables outside my house.
So good luck with that one, and despite the phone calls, I have never been cut off.
The there are the ones with a similar robo voice, telling me that HMRC want me because I owe them money....dial 1 etc.....or, they will send the Fraud Squad round to arrest me.

OK, I'll get me coat....
No handcuffs applied since last year sometime.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 19, 09:20 PM »
I've had a few of those. Last one I got, I just sent a reply. "Did you play with yourself, when you watched me, then?".

Not had one, since.  ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 19, 12:43 PM »
I've had a few of those. Last one I got, I just sent a reply. "Did you play with yourself, when you watched me, then?".

Not had one, since.  ;D

I often reply with BS details like my address being that of New Scotland Yard, with their phone number, eith by 'reply' or, to the email address given.
They always get bounced back as unable to deliver, which spoils my fun.... ;D
I did once get a reply a couple of years ago from a scammer in Nigeria(?) telling me he had zillions of $$$$$$ for me etc., telling him to go away in jerky movements, or similar, and he replied telling me he wishes I would die of cancer....charming!

So far so good though...... ;D
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 19, 12:45 PM »
Oh I forgot, it is nice that the cretin got done for scamming people.
I sometimes get a red box warning that my computer is affected and to call......somewhere or other....to pay to get rid of it.
If task manager won't kill it, then I just reboot and carry on where I left off, I mean, research is quite useful in those quiet moments...... :yup:

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 19, 10:13 AM »
I keep a good eye on the registry. NirSift have a good tool, to compare what was, with what is, if that makes sense?

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 19, 05:21 PM »
Yes, it does make sense.... :)
I used to run on XP Pro an EX registery checker which cleaned things out, and do no damage with it when it did....
I do have some software ........damn got distracted by what I think is a Spitfire/Hurricane flying above around my area, and has been on and off for some weeks.....engine sounds about right, vaguely looks the outline, but too far away to make it out properly, and it is annoying, and must dig out my Bino's even if they are a bit crap..............but, I digress.....some Ashampoo software that does various things, and that has a registery checker and doesn't seem to harm anything too.
I will check out NirSift.

Oh, to lazy to check in here, but you mentioned some decent browsers, because on my laptop after some MS updates applied yesterday (I think), YouTube will not now play using Chrome.
The web page is ok, shows what's on offer, but I click on a video, and it just buffers, and then goes black with an 'error not found or something, but moving the cursor along the progress bar, I get the thumbnail of what it should be showing, but doesn't.
I.E plays just fine, and so does Edge.

So I booted up Win 10 on my main PC (hat has been ignored for a couple of months) tested that YT would play on Chrome, which it did, updated MS, let it reboot, and tried YT on Chrome, and it still worked.
So it just my useless crappy Toshiba laptop it seems.

Weird.

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 19, 10:57 AM »
Vivaldi?

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 19, 05:38 PM »
Got it, and will explore it later....Vivaldi that is.
BTW Chrome now plays YT videos again, dunno whether it was because I signed into Chrome/Google or not.
I didn't have the PW's on note pad on the laptop, but do now as I put them on a USB drive from my main PC, and copied them on to the laptop.
Plus the stupid thing only has two USB ports, which I use for the Logitech wireless mouse dongle thingie, and my USB headset, as the laptop sound is a bit crap.
I don't use speakers on both machines....wife doesn't like the speakers turned up when watching films, TV shows, music videos or games..... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 19, 07:38 PM »
Chrome... Google... I avoid them, totally, except for the odd flirt with Google Earth.

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #12 on: Apr 18, 19, 04:25 PM »
Yep, I find Google Earth good fun too, and useful sometimes when I want to see somewhere, and Street View when I get there... ;D

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 19, 04:15 PM »
As mentioned, in another thread, I do little surveys of old railway lines, to see what railway buildings survive.

I must be old...

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 19, 04:24 PM »
Nope, not old at all, but interested abut the 'steam age' when engines were great to look and and listen too, as I used to walk up and down the platforms to have a good nose and sniff of the quietly chuffing engines, when I had time to waste, when waiting for my train to pompy from waterloo station.
Happy days....:)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 19, 04:27 PM »
They're hoping to reopen a line, near us, as a heritage line, with old steamers. I hope I live long enough to see it!

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 19, 07:33 PM »
You should phone them, and tell them to get their fingers out, and open up the line.....:)

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 19, 07:07 PM »
They've got to repair an old bridge, first.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-39424802