Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 06, 19, 06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Google Search

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 104649
  • Total Topics: 11602
  • Online Today: 135
  • Online Ever: 181
  • (Nov 04, 19, 10:11 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Themes

Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 51
Surgery
« on: Jun 06, 19, 02:23 PM »
I've been on the waiting list for 6 months to have a varicose vein removed after thrombosis & finally had it done today,
will probably take a few weeks of wearing pressure bandages now, glad it's finally done with. :tup:
Camera - Nikon - Coolpix P510

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Bogle Points: 0
  • Meh
Re: Surgery
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 19, 09:34 PM »
We're getting old, Father William...  :pa

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 19, 12:14 AM »
Tell me about it.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 19, 09:56 PM »
Still, it could be worse...

It could be Christmas!

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 19, 11:06 PM »
That's something that fades with age also.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 19, 04:59 PM »
True, that. I've never been a big Christmasser, as it were. I've never understood why the people who celebrate Christmas the most vehemently are atheists, either.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 19, 12:50 PM »
I think it's not Christmas without children present.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 19, 02:46 PM »
Not his children about for years. Pseudo daughter comes, sometimes. That's quite fun. :)

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 19, 01:49 PM »
Sounds like an enjoyable time.  :D

We just see brother in law & wife on Boxing Day usually, not much family on my side close by.

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 19, 10:50 AM »
Apart from Jane's daughter, there's no family, for me. Jane's brother nips in, sometimes, but he's miles away. Not the long distances that you have, down there, though.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 19, 11:14 PM »

I know what you mean, I have two sister in laws in Canberra & Cairns thousands of miles away.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 19, 08:37 PM »
I assume that you'd fly that, or take a train. Depends on if you have to go through the outback, I guess. Thst'd be phun.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 19, 12:16 AM »
We have driven their, two or three days to Canberra & a week or so to Cairns, but would have to fly nowadays.  :)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 19, 05:28 PM »
Sod that! I thought driving down to the south of France was a big enough pain. Great weather, though!

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #14 on: Jul 09, 19, 12:18 AM »
We had the caravan, so it wasn't too expensive for overnight accomadation.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #15 on: Jul 09, 19, 10:52 AM »
You drove all that way, towing a caravan!?!?

Sod that. Unless it's all long, straight roads, through the outback, or summat.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #16 on: Jul 14, 19, 03:09 AM »
Yes & it was an old 1959 Holden FC panel van that was 20 years old at the time, we got a lot of waves from truckies,  :)  we also had CB radio on board.

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Bogle Points: 102
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #17 on: Jul 15, 19, 06:05 PM »
I seem to be behind the times............as usual, but am glad to see that the operation you have been waiting for has finally turned up to fix the problem.  :flowers:
Yep, I find Christmas time.....fast approaching...again........to be a bit of a nuisance now, especially as I have to be nice and cheerful to everyone, and then I can take to my bed to recover, with the help of some medicinal Brandy...
But, when we had the 4 kids (girl, boy, boy, girl, then a visit to the 'Vet' to put a stop to them) when they were younger, it was fun, and Christmas Eve was best, with wrapping up the kids toys (and playing with the 2 boys toys first, to make sure they work of course), and then waiting sometimes into the early hours for them to finally get to sleep, so that I could do the Santa bit, to put some pressies in the pillow cases at the bottom of there beds.
Only to be woken up a few hours later for them to come and shows us what they had......... ;D
Christmas time was fun back then, but now older and more crotchety, and just the two of us, times have changed.

I still think I am about 20 years old, and then after digging a bit of a hole and cementing in the stand to plant the new whirly-gig rotary washing line into the ground this afternoon..........I found I wasn't... :blush:
It will probably fall over when lots of wet washing is slung on it to dry in a day or so.............*sigh.

I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #18 on: Jul 15, 19, 11:59 PM »
Thanks Baron:D

The chiropractor made an adjustment last week & I have sciatica pretty bad now & the leg is badly affected, but I've resisted using a walking stick.  ;)

Hope your clothes line stands up to the job, we've had a 'Hills Hoist' rotary clothes line for 50 years that Tony installed in his younger days.

When we were living with our grandparents about four years old grandad had painted up a couple of dolls prams & when was putting them in our bedroom my sister woke up
& he told her to go back to sleep.  :D

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #19 on: Jul 16, 19, 01:33 PM »
Yep, when we moved in to this house some 3 years ago, the whirly-gig was already in the back garden.
At the end of last year it was a bit rusty and knackered, with a couple of broken joints, and probably my fault because I hardly took it out of the ground to fold and put away in the shed.........real story, I couldn't get the damn thing out of the post tube buried in the ground, as it was sorted of rusted in, so being lazy, I just left it there in all weathers.
So the wife bought a new one last year, and eventually due to threats and nagging, I managed to remove the old one, and decided I wanted to plant it somewhere else in the garden, without asking permission!
I live a dangerous life y'know..... ;D
Since I planted it late afternoon yesterday, I will try out a washing machine load of washing tomorrow, as I thought it best to leave it until then, to make sure the cement was fully set.
I am supposed to give it 24-48hrs before using it, but since it is a sort of small lump of cement, including any small bits of gravel I find in and around the garden, I doubt it needs 48 hours.........so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

If things all go wrong and somehow it falls over, then I think I will go and seek sanctuary in a 'home for the bewildered' somewhere safe from her reach.... :o
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #20 on: Jul 17, 19, 12:20 AM »
Sounds like you've made a good effort to try to please her, hope it holds up to a load of washing, fingers crossed.

Ours is a full permanent item made of galvanised iron, I just have to oil the mecanism each year; last time I did it lots of ants came running out the hole,
they'd been nesting in there.  !!

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Baron

• Foreskin
  • Barfly
  • Hedgecat
« Reply #21 on: Jul 17, 19, 03:53 PM »
 ;D on the ants!.
I was going to try out some washing on it today, but she hadn't done any.....
According to the weather, tomorrow is ok, but Friday seems to be a day of thunder storms and rain, but should cheer up again on Sunday onwards.
I will just look out the window as usual to see what the weather is..

This new whirly thingy, is better quality of the older one, stronger and seems to have a brushed aluminium center pole with much stronger arms and hinges etc.
Plus planted into a plastic tube into the cement, should be easier to pull it out of, because the old one had a steel tube and aluminium pole which sort of glued themselves together.

Hope you are recovering ok from the op.   :flowers:

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #22 on: Jul 18, 19, 01:55 AM »
We have driven there, two or three days to Canberra & a week or so to Cairns, but would have to fly nowadays.  :)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Yvonne

• Barfly
« Reply #23 on: Jul 18, 19, 02:00 AM »
Yes that seems a better combination with the plastic & aluminium, when I had my wrought iron gate painted the bolt became harder to move, had to get the mallet onto it.

I've been waiting for a good washing day here also, looks like the weekend will be fine.

Just been to the chiropractor again, hope it does some good this time.  ;)

MORE PHOTOS

Offline Kat

• Twaddler
  • Meh
« Reply #24 on: Jul 25, 19, 03:08 PM »
Well... the bad news is that it looks like Jane has lung cancer.

She's not well enough to have a biopsy, but the radiologist's gonna have a look, to see if he thinks he can do anything.

I might, as a result, be a bit odd(er).